Who is John McGuinness?

Started by George Williams · 53 · 10 months ago · Honda Fireblade, IOM TT, John McGuinness, Tamiya 1/12
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

@chinesegeorge - Your work is fantastic George. It's really easy to find flaws when you know the work and can magnify images. Normal humans will never see any of our 'mistakes'. This is going to be quite an amazing final piece once all of the custom decals are applied.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent progress, George @chinesegeorge
    You did an amazing job on the swingarm

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Beautiful work as always @chinesegeorge, I love the chain hub assembly and the colour you used on the exhausts is really really cool - great work.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi everyone, @bikequeen, @rory, @kalamazoo, @gblair, @brithebuilder, @anthonyricco, @fiveten, @johnb. More progress, the front forks, wheel, and brakes are together.

And she’s up on two wheels.

The fuel tank is fitted.

And I’ve started applying some of the transfers.

They are gossamer thin and coming off their backing paper within seconds. Being so thin there are a couple of creases that I couldn’t completely iron out.

Plenty more to coming. Thanks as always for taking the time to look and comment.

Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looks awesome, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking great, George @chinesegeorge

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Coming along very nicely George.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

If I didn't already know this is a model, I would swear your last photo was of an actual motorcycle, waiting to be driven away. Well done, George (@chinesegeorge). Are the decals aftermarket, or did you use the kit decals?

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi George @gblair, all of the main markings are an after market set, some of others are from the kit. Interestingly Tamiya have announced another Honda limited edition to celebrate 30 years of the Fireblade, the markings are of a similar pattern but are a different colour.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hi George (@chinesegeorge): Tamiya decals tend to be robust, so I would bet it was the aftermarket decals that folded on you. I haven't found a good solution for that other than using lots of water so that you can float the folded part back where it needs to be. This build looks great and I am looking forward to your next one.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good morning everyone, @bikequeen, @gblair, @kalamazoo, @brithebuilder, @anthonyricco, @johnb, @fiveten.

With the cowlings on.

And most of the markings applied.

There are just a few details to be added.

The kick stand.

The footrests.

The gear selector.

The mirrors.

And lastly the number plate bracket.

Nearly there. Thanks for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Coming together beautifully, my friend @chinesegeorge! Really like how she turns out!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Those final bits are great, George @chinesegeorge
    She looks amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

Ah man @chinesegeorge - what superb work man - that is truly looking amazing -What a cool livery and a perfect build.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

@chinesegeorge WOW! I have the same bike but I thin in. Will sell it now! :). You did a GREAT JOB on it George! I LOve it. I’m sure you said but what treatment did you use on th exhaust?