Airbus A320 Neo – Zvezda 1/144 (tentative)

Started by Colin Gomez · 4 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 9 months ago:

First of all, many thanks to Erik for inviting me to join this group build. I am not an airliner modeler and, in fact, don't have any unbuilt kits in my stash approaching airliner form, except the big Airfix Nimrod and the A-400 Grizzly (which are not airliners, of course, but close in form/derived from them). I would really like to try, however, as I like the simplicity of the build in 1/144 and the challenges for getting a smooth paint finish. I also really love the look of the big jets whenever I fly, which is now starting to feel like nostalgia for a bygone era in the age of COVID. So, after a lot of Internet searching about the best kits and decal options for SAS, I settled on this kit. I like the big silver SAS logo, the simplicity of the scheme overall and the beauty of the Airbus AA320 jets. I am especially attracted to the raccoon mask-like highlighting of the cockpit windows. This comes as a decal in the kit, apparently. I have to order the model and am hoping to get a better deal than what I have seen recently, but I think there are quite a few of this boxing around. I hope this meets the criteria for the GB. Sorry if this is a pretty conventional proposal. I thought of doing an early bush plane type option but I want to keep this simple a inexpensive for now.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Colin @coling it is a real pleasure to have you on this journey. Your proposed build is a great choice, and the new cs is very nice. A lot better than some of (at least one) the earlier choices SAS made.

I first saw this excact plane in CPH in JAN 2020

Hope you get a good deal on one!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Love your choice, too, my friend @coling!
    1/144 is such s cool scale, especially for airliners!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great choice, Colin @coling
    Agree that 1/144 for airlines is an interesting scale.
    Will follow your thread closely and see what might be the best choice for me to join as well.