Fokker 28-1000 SAS

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 11 · 2 years ago · 1/144, Fokker, SAS GB
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Following Erik’s invite, I discussed with him how could I participate in this GB theme, since I had no clue about SAS planes or even experience building civilian planes, even more so in the smalllest of airplane scales 1/144!

Well Erik @airbum suggested a simple kit he had in his store- F-Resin plastic Fokker 28-1000, which comes with the SAS livery.

Despite the odd name of the maker (unknown to me until that moment) the kit is a classic limited run injection plastic moulded kit. And by limited run I mean old school limited run stuff.

Let’s see:

• no location pins

• vague and inconsistent panel lines

• crude and rough surface plastic

• very large gates

Despite all this, with work (particularly sanding and smoothing the surface) the forms look very acceptable, and the detail perhaps just enough for its tiny scale.

Wish me luck for my first ever Lilliputian jet

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Looking forward to your build, Pedro (@holzhamer). I had never build an airliner until I built a DC-4 for this group. I know yours will be great. I have never seen anything from this company, so it should be an interesting build. I like the way they say the kit is for the "enthusiastic builder". Is that the way to say that you will need some perseverance to finish the kit?

• Profile Photo

@gblair
    George, I think that’s precisely what they meant 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

A fantastic entry, my friend @holzhamer!
    A challenging kit for sure, but also an upcoming masterpiece that will emerge by your skills.
    1/144 is a wonderful scale, maybe overlooked a tad, but what amazing opportunities it has to offer!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Pedro - as long as you keep up your “enthusiasm”, you will no doubt have great results. Looks like a great choice. Nothing you can’t handle.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Very rare and interesting type, for sure!
    F-RSIN has been on the market for a while, as far as I know they started as a pure resin company, and started their injection molding projects recently. Before Brexit I used to order a lot from Hannants, and their airliner catalogue was full with F-RSIN oddities, they truly have a taste for odd types and liveries.
    I am really looking forward to seeing your build!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten
    @eb801
    @pikofix
    Thank you my friends!
    Yes, I think that with some love it will become an acceptable model 😉
    Csaba, I wasn’t aware of this brand history. How’s your experience with it?

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Great entry, Pedro @holzhamer
    Seems like a challenging kit but for sure you can tackle that.
    Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 2 years, 6 months ago:

I have no hands-on experience with F-RSIN, because their full resin kits were way above my usual budget. I have seen quite a few built on shows and of course online. Can be a real beauty at the end, but requires work and attention.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Nice pick, Pedro. I always enjoy seeing F-RSN kits built.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Looking forward to follow.

F-RSIN PLASTIC kits are actually made by MACH2, so that might explain a lot. The Fokker seems to be one of the better ones, being relatively smooth. I still have to get my many F-RSIN and MACH2 kits build, and shall be eager to check your thoughts on this build Pedro!