Heller/Humbrol 1/72 Douglas DC-6B Super Cloudmaster

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 317 · 1 year ago · DC-6B, Heller
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros

@chinesegeorge, thank you , George. Luckily I did not have to cut the masks. When I received this kit from Erik (@airbum), he included a set of masks as. This made it a lot easier.

@airbum, thanks, Erik. Indeed, there were just a few locator pins. A couple more would have been very helpful.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 7 months ago:

The masks are actually included in the decal-set from LN-Decals, and they are also included in their Sterling and SAS sets too @chinesegeorge.

• Profile Photo

@eb801, thanks for the correction, Erik. I thought you included those masks to the decal set.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Your added alignment tabs look perfect, John (@johnb). Getting the masks with the kit was a real gift. I wouldn't dream of doing a kit like this without masks.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thanks, George. The fuselage halves have been mounted in the mean time and the tabs did surely help. Pictures will be uploaded soon.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Sounds like good progress, John @johnb, looking forward to seeing your pictures.

• Profile Photo

Lights at the lower wing surface did fit really nice, the yellow color is created by simply putting yellow masking tape over them. Looks acceptable to me.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @johnb!
    Clever trick!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros

• Profile Photo

Looking great, John (@johnb). Your yellow light looks perfect. Your build inspired me to go find a couple of these Heller kits to put in the queue: a C-118 and an EC-121.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thanks for the inspiring words, George. Looking forward to your builds.

• Profile Photo

That is a creative new use (for me) of masking tape @johnb!

@gblair, I'm also looking forward to your kits - might one be a SAS plane? It is still time to start a build here.

• Profile Photo

Hi, Erik (@airbum): I don't do many airliners. I did a 1/144 C-54 that was used by SAS right after the war for the group a while ago. The EC-121 model had the big radomes on the top and bottom of the fuselage, and the C-118 is set up as a military version with the big cargo doors. It has decals for a Medevac airplane.

• Profile Photo

Sorry @gblair, i missed the : and thought you were gonna dig out a Heller DC-6. My mistake! Well, the C-118 and EC-121 are great planes too, so I shall look forward to them in another group.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Great idea in using the yellow masking tape, John @johnb.