Spitfire Vc/Trop USAAF

Started by capt. R · 96 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 3 months ago:

@stephen-w-towle @eb801 @fiveten @johnb @tcinla I had some problems with the propeller because at the last moment I remembered that this particular model was wooden. Unfortunately, I do not know how it was painted but, I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that there was an aluminum dope primer under the black paint. I used the Tamiya weathering Master set for this. I first used an aluminum lipstick, then a layer of semi-matte varnish, and another layer of sand-colored lipstick to simulate polished wood prop by desert sand. If my idea is wrong, correct me. Spinner was bright red paint Mr Color, with coat of semi gloss coat of clear. Unfortunately, it was not without error, when the aerograph was first opened, the particles of the aluminum lipstick in one place were blown away, creating a slight heterogeneity. I masked it afterwards, but it was completely impossible to compensate for it. when you look at the photo, you can see some shortcomings. Meh. 🙁

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

To me the propeller looks quite nice, Lis @lis
    Maybe you are looking to it in to much detail.

• Profile Photo

@stephen-w-towle @eb801 @fiveten @johnb @tcinla Due to the fact that I found a few painting flaws in the lysism of light, I decided to slightly shade the whole, so that the boundaries between the individual shades of the panels were more subtle, because the initial effect I don't think I really liked. After the second try it looks like the picture, but I still don't quite like it. But I guess I won't correct it anymore. Meh.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Just Arrived! Very useful set of decals for my future project. So many options! So many beautiful Spitfires! I'm thinking of the Sqn Ldr Joseph Lynch plane. These are items 14, 15, 16. I just don't know why items 14 and 15 have a different spitfire design if the machine number is the same EP829. Maybe @tcinla knows the answer to the question ?

Sqn Ldr Joseph Lynch in his mark Vb. He didn't have teeth after injures in Battle of Britan. He was an american Ace in RAF service.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

The undersides of your Spitfire look great, my friend @lis!
    Nice decal set!

• Profile Photo

Lower side of your Spit looks great, Lis @lis
    Indeed a nice set of decals to choose from.

• Profile Photo

Today is painting time. I used diluted Middle Stone paint over Dark Earth old camo, to simulate worn paint surface.

• Profile Photo

The effect from the diluted paint looks great, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

@stephen-w-towle @eb801 @fiveten @johnb @tcinla Redy to coat of clear. Exhauts is aftermarket set from Eduard.

• Profile Photo

Looking great so far, my friend @lis! Love the "diluted paint" effect!

• Profile Photo

@stephen-w-towle @eb801 @fiveten @johnb @tcinla

I bought set of technical stencils for Spitfire. Painting and weathering shortcomings were masked with Rotol factory plates.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 3 months ago:

@lis - that dilluted paint looks terrific. I'm curious to see what you think of DK decals. Looks like you get a lot of choices for your money with this sheet. How's the quality?

• Profile Photo

Nice little addition to your prop, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

Nice Rotol plates, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

@eb801 Quality is very good! I used this decals for some models, and always it works very good! At this build I first time try Xtradecals. I hope it will work good.

@fiveten

@johnb

John vd Biggelaar thank you!

Model dry after coat of clear. I hope today I will started setting decals.