Spitfire Vc/Trop USAAF

Started by capt. R · 96 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Any of them will be great, my friend @lis! You might build the in the order you posted them πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 3 months ago:

+1
    Spiros hit the nail on the head. The Greeks got a few Spits too. πŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I forgot about Spitfire VIII. He needs to build too πŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    Erik GjΓΈrup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I do belive there was an issue with the trademark on those Dunlop's. If my memory serves me right they (Airfix) had to write Dunlon on the bigger kits as not to infringe on trademark. AM manufacturers in another country did not have the same issue. Wasn't that in a post here on iModeler?

Anyway - spits are almost as interesting and varied as 109's πŸ™‚ and the next one is difficult to decide. Pressed to choose I would go for the Mk.IXc from Tunesia.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

@lis, just kidding, with your modelling expertise any of those will turn out nicely.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten

@stephen-w-towle

@johnb

@airbum

Jokes are jokes, but the work must be completed. This time, new skills. An attempt at metallizing crayons to highlight the joining of blanks in some places. Left side is more chipped and weathered because of pilot go that way to cockpit. What do You think about it?

As for the Dunlop mark, the Eduard set undoubtedly has the description "Dunlop" on it. I used to use decals but the difficulty goes up so there are whole wheelsets. Probably in the future I will buy real tires in scale πŸ™‚

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik GjΓΈrup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

The added wear looks great.

• Profile Photo

Agree with Erik, Lis @lis, the worn effects are beautiful.

• Profile Photo

Final coat of X-35 semi-gloss clear.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking really super, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Crayons and colored pencils are great way of saving time and they work. I use them in the cockpit too. They aren't as bright in color when it comes to paint but, they are more to scale brightness.

Lookin Good

• Profile Photo

She looks great after the coat, Lis @lis
    Your airbrush results are beautiful.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla

@j-healy

@eb801

@fiveten

@stephen-w-towle

@johnb

@airbum

Spit is done! I think I like mark V the best from all Spitfire versions. Airfix made good job! I judge subjectively the success of the model through the final assembly of the main landing gear. Compared to the KP and AZ models, it turned out to be flawless, if not perfect. Probably if I were to sit on the KP model again, I would have managed to shape the main landing gear better, but first impression is always the most important thing! And here the Spitfire Airfix, despite the fact that it does not have as many rivets as the Spitfire KP and AZ versions, surpasses them with a good fit of details, good foldability and virtually no need to use aftermarket gadgets. The fairing was also practically perfect. Being a fetishist of weapons, I used only the elements from the set and I think that they are perfectly fine. This time I also tried to use decals to mark machine gun barrel ends - with perfectly correct results. I am richer to know that this red element also covered the muzzle of the barrel, probably so that it would not sand, so I think it was a piece of sticky material or some other material (rubber?). I will write some text on headnews, and take some photos outside soon πŸ™‚ Today I have free evening! Thank You for all who read my thread πŸ™‚

for me to forget. The adjustment of the wheels to the ground did not really work out ~ (the Eduard set theoretically has the bottom of the tires adjusted to the ground, but you have to judge its position yourself, which did not work out the first time) and at the end I gently sanded them so that the model did not look like it was standing on the ground like on toes. I think the next one will be better! πŸ™‚

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Congratulations,my friend @lis!
    This is a wonderful result, an awesome looking Spit!
    Your thread was amazing, as well!
    Enjoy your free evening!

• Profile Photo

Fantastic result, Lis @lis
    You created a very realistic looking Spitfire.
    It was a pleasure to follow your building progress, very informative described steps.
    Looking forward to the jeadline presentation.