The Angry Farmer – LET Z-37T "Agro Turbo"

Started by Dmitry Stropalov · 33 · 4 years ago · 1/72, agriculture, civil, KP, LET
  • Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Still I'm fighting the seam lines on the bottom of the fuselage – for some reason they won't go away even after the third attempt with the putty and the sand paper. Maybe, it's not clearly seen on the photo, by they definitely would be visible after painting.

Also, every other part needs sanding, check-fit, and patience. What is left is flaps and landing gear.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Have you tried CA glue with talcum powder? I found it very effective with hard to handle seam lines, etc

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 4 years, 8 months ago:

Pedro, some time ago, my son had a punctured lung - serious problem that you’d think that would need a high tec medical solution. The doctors’ solution? CA glue and talcum powder. Fixed it right up.

• Profile Photo

@holzhamer I've completely forgot about CA! If the very last layer of dissolved putty wouldn't help – I will go with CA.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 8 months ago:

David, unless it’s some disturbed medicine prank, I must admite that using CA glue to prevent a pneumothorax or a worse complication is, to me, unheard of. Now using talc powder it’s described as one of procedures, though I cannot understand just why since I’m nor a doctor or surgeon. Still, using it to fill plastic gaps looks less weird don’t you think?

• Profile Photo

Looks like I'm done with assembling. I've managed to resolve the issues with the seam lines, flaps are installed, landing gear legs are glued, so everything is ready for priming.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 4 years, 7 months ago:

Looking good so far Dmitry, waiting for some paint !

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 4 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks, Allan! I didn't have much time during the last two weeks, but slowly I've finished priming (with defects removing) and painting. This time for yellow I've tried AK Real Colors paint, and all I can say – yellow is still a pain. Even having a light background, you need a lot of paint, more layers of it comparing to other "regular" aircraft colors including good white paint.

Now I will leave the model kit for several days before applying a clear coat for the decals and washes.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 4 years, 7 months ago:

Have to admit, it just looks dead gorgeous. Far exceeds my initial expectations, can’t wait to see the complete model

• Profile Photo

@holzhamer Thanks, Pedro! On the photos it looks a little bit better 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 7 months ago:

@starfar - this is sooo cool! and looking better each time - thanx for sharing this very interesting plane! You seem to have nailed the yellow nicely.

• Profile Photo

@airbum Thank you, Erik! I'm trying to do my best with this model kit.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 7 months ago:

Looking fantastic! Such an interesting subject.

• Profile Photo

Decals were applied. Decals are not of a good quality – faded and transparent colors, film not matching the elements... I was somehow disappointed.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 4 years, 7 months ago:

Looks OK from here Dmitry !