Monogram 1/48 P-39Q Airacobra

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 119 · 7 months ago · 1/48, Monogram, P-39, Pacific Theater, ProModeler
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 3 months ago:

All those small steps surely will add to the finished result being closer to the real deal.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Some putty...

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Fantastic build Spiros! i have Cobra in 1:72th scale in my bench.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lis! Looking forward to your Airacobra!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Great progress, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Hey there Spiros @fiveten! I just stumbled upon your dual Airacobra build. I built that Pro-Modeler version when it was first released. When Eduard released their own Q, which was a huge step forward for them, my Monogram Cobra was sent immediately to the boneyard. Enjoy these two kits

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @eb801! Indeed, the Eduard is miles ahead, let alone the superlative Hasegawa.
    Still, the elderly Monogram is a beloved one.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Spiros Pendedekas (@fiveten)
    You are not wasting any time with these two. Are you still going to make a small piece of plastic card to cover the clear plastic rod hole under the Monogram wing ? Like you, I still enjoy the old tool Monogram kits. I have the P-39 trio I started a while back, 3 or 4 of the Eduard kits, two Hasegawa's and believe it or not, two that were re boxed by Accurate Miniatures as air racers. I have not completed a P-39 since the mid 1970's, so I am way past due... I do have plans to finish the Monogram kits soon. I'll start a build journal here on Imodeler when I do.

These two are shaping up nicely. By the looks of things, they are almost ready for the first test flights by QC1 and QC2. 😉

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lgardner! Indeed, the Monogram Airacobras are nice, beloved kits. Yes, I have attached a plastic card to cover the supporting rod hole and to simulate some sort of "louver" that is there in reality.
    And, yes, both have been test-flown by the (more thorough lately, truth be told), QC1&2, from whom you have their warm greetings.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Excellent progress on these Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @j-healy!

• Profile Photo

Sanded smooth, together with her sisters, still filling and sanding to go...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Valid for all three, getting smoother and smoother, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Age can be a matter of perception . . . 55 for some of us, is ok. I consider the Monogram P-39 to be one of the first real models for adults. It still holds water and can carry it when worked by some competent hands. Given your gifts and talents Spiros, I have every confidence that you will make this kit look as good as the Eduard's example. Following with interest.