P-40 over Philipines, Java and Australia & Gilbert Islands ;-)

Started by capt. R · 192 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 5 months ago:

@tcinla yes, I got it wrong at first: 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 5 months ago:

@lis - it's just part of the learning process. Nobody learns anything from success (other than we like it).

• Profile Photo

Just arrived!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 5 months ago:

That is a very nice livery, Lis @lis
    Will you build it as shown on the box?

• Profile Photo

@johnb I want to build plane from early period from DK-Decals sheet. mabye sharkmouth or dragon as art nose.

• Profile Photo

Work in progress. SH Kit is very advanced. There are a lot of parts. But fitting glycol cooler drave me crazy! Also fitting panels in cockpit needs some liquid filler in left site. Fuselage needs to cut off some parts for N version (I build E version). in the model, the upper part of the wings is immediately the floor of the model, as in the original. This is an interesting solution. I'm looking at how it will project on wing alignment. So far, I have been a bit nervous when folding the cockpit.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Nice start on the interior, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

You are wasting no time on this, my friend @lis!
    Fantastic start!
    Yes SH kits are definitely not shake and bake, but you are doing a wonderful job there.
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten Thank you! In first Step I think it will be such Tamiya quality assembly, but not 🙂

What color of the fuselage should be behind the glazing behind the pilot's seat on both sides (such oval transparent elements). Special Hobby Olive drab suggested (I'm not sure with it?), but I checked other manufacturers to be sure and there is no compatibility here. Some suggest an interior green. The preserved planes in museums also look different with this color. Was there a regularity here? On the P-40 B, I painted this on Interior Green.

• Profile Photo

A good question, Lis @lis
    To be honest, I'm not sure either, but I think you should be good with interior green.

• Profile Photo

Fitting fuselage halfs was putty event, but wings and fuselage fit was quite good. I hope you like it.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Very nice work, Lis. Looks like a great kit too.

• Profile Photo

Definitely like it, Lis @lis
    Great work.

• Profile Photo

This is all yesterday work day. Priming, and polishing. I had really problem with louvers for air outlet from the radiator. Kit gives two options. Closed, and opened. I choosed open, but i try to fit it four times with two different glues. Sometimes something that is supposed to be cool is not cool to edit. I hope it will do the trick anyway. The plastic in the model is relatively worse than in the Trumpeter. more uneven and porous.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @lis!