P-40 over Philipines, Java and Australia & Gilbert Islands ;-)

Started by capt. R · 192 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Lis you've got good taste. I've got to finish up the P-40N and like you the weather has turned south. With snow on its way. Weather delay in the photo dept. I also have to finish a Eduard Z-37A Čmelák 1/72. With the next project . . . I'm leaning towards the Arma P-51 B/C a little show stopper in the box. The details are as good as some 1/48 scale kits .

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 3 months ago:

@stephen-w-towle

So mabye in February we togeather build Arma Mustang? Yes. details are so rich as in 48th scale! I have an idea to do an out-of-the-box construction together and see how much the set will give us straight from the box. Everyone would choose the painting they like. It would be wonderful if other people would join in too. It would also be instructive for anyone new to i-modellers and would like to build a Mustanaga with an Arma hobby.

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Glad for you to get another beautiful model for your collection Lis!

All the best!

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 3 months ago:

And another one hits the sun! Very nice Lis!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Definitely enjoying this thread and the end result, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Congratulations, my friend @lis!
    I am off to the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 3 months ago:

So mabye in February we togeather build Arma Mustang? Yes. details are so rich as in 48th scale! I have an idea to do an out-of-the-box construction together and see how much the set will give us straight from the box. Everyone would choose the painting they like. It would be wonderful if other people would join in too. It would also be instructive for anyone new to i-modellers and would like to build a Mustanag from an Arma hobby.

Count me in. February would be a good time. This is a jewel of a kit. The sprues attachment points for the wings and things needs TLC. Choosing which version to paint will be the hard . . . half the fun.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb @airbum thank you!

@stephen-w-towle So we started soon togeather! Today I will check painting schemes!

• Profile Photo

@lgardner @stephen-w-towle @mvtb @ssgt @tcinla @fiveten @johnb @mvtb @stephen-w-towle

Very interesting vid!

I was interested in the fact that a P-40 with 33 PS shot down practically one zero fighter (if of course we consider this story to be credible)

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Nice work Lis.Let´s go to the ponies!

• Profile Photo
    joseph s hudson said 1 year, 8 months ago:

"doomed at the start",great book about the early air war and the exploits of the P40s in the phillipines