Pacific Mustangs.

Started by capt. R · 98 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 4 months ago:

I started 21 th of December. Hasegawa kit isn’t new kit but fits really good. I bought aftermarket PE parts ( because of I need instrument panel), but used only some parts (pilot need space for legs). Also aftermarket wheels from my spare box. On the box You can see bombs under wings. Unfortunetly kit doesn’t have it! So I bought set of 250lbs brass bombs. But now I’m thinking about that it could be 500lbs? My mistake?

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Another fantastic entry with lots of extra goodies, my friend @lis!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Superb entry, Bernard @lis
    All those extras will give this Mustang a special look.
    Looking forward to this build.

• Profile Photo

I hope You will like my Mustang. Some progress. Sorry for to many photos in one post. Because of Xmas I write only few posts on blog.
    PS. Prop was in 6 pieces to glue all togeather. Hard work. Bombs is resin set from Eduard.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

The pilot looks great, Bernard @lis
    So does the propellor.

• Profile Photo

I forgot bombs photos.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

All look great, my friend @lis! I believe Hasegawa did not mold the prop in one piece to cater for other versions?

• Profile Photo

Hasegawa in this kit has also Areoprop version for K version. But kit didn’t have Dallas factory canopy correct for K version. But on Xmas I recived gift with Dallas canopy: (photo). So I try to find good K version to build 😻

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Coming along nicely, Bernard (@lis). Looking forward to the rest of the build. Have a great holiday.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 4 months ago:

That's very nice @lis. Excellent work on it so far. the kit may have been "eclipsed" by those that came later, but there was a time 30 years ago that it was "Da Bomb." And as you are demonstrating it still makes up into a nice model. Perhaps not the bells and whistles of the others, but still a nice model.

• Profile Photo

You received a great gift, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

A beautiful Christmas gift, Bernard @lis

• Profile Photo

@gblair @tcinla @fiveten @johnb Hello gentlemen. I had a very bad karma recently and there was some Mustang failure which was assessed as a total loss due to loss of front fuselage geometry. During the sanding test, it turned out that the fuselage was unglued and without noticing it, I sanded the front too much. Due to the fact that I got a basically better Tamiya set from Santa Clause, I said that I will not try to improve it, only that I will build a new set, since the Tamiya version includes the same version. Of course, I recovered the remote control, bombs and resin wheels that may fit the new set. I'm sorry if you thought the decision was too hasty and you were curious what Hasegawa's Mustang would look like. I promise myself that one day I will return to the Hasegawa Mustang, but maybe I will take my more favorite B/C version. Best regards for all fans Pacific Mustangs!

• Profile Photo

Sorry to hear what happened, Bernard @lis
    Sometimes modelling is not proceeding as we are hoping for.
    Maybe, if you set the kit aside, you might see a possibility to continue with it at a later moment.
    Or in worst case, you might turn it into a diorama having a crash landed Mustang.

• Profile Photo

As the classic motto says, "S**t Happens!" , my friend @lis! As our friend @johnb said, just leave it aside and eho knows what the future will bring!