1/350 Japanese destroyer Akizuki

Started by Jay Mitchell · 92 · 2 years ago · 1/350, Akizuki, Destroyer, Japanese navy
  • Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 2 years, 6 months ago:

The destroyers aren’t too overwhelming with tiny detail parts, but I imagine a cruiser or battleship might be very daunting , George @gblair .

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Nice progress, my friend @ssgt!
    Looking already imposing!

• Profile Photo

Thank you @fiveten ! Now that it’s so far along I’m more enthused about the project, it’s a nice looking warship.

• Profile Photo

The main mast is installed now and looks very Imperial navy like.
    The small boats are assembled and two are in place at the aft end of the funnel. Two torpedos are installed as if they are in the midst of being loaded on the ship, a nice little detail not seen on other ship models I’ve built over the years. Still more areas that need paint touched up.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Beautiful additions, my friend @ssgt!
    Coming together really great!

• Profile Photo

Thank you @fiveten ! It’s been quite a project !

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Tiny details but a great addition, Jay @ssgt

• Profile Photo

Hey there, John (@johnb), yes , I agree with you. This has been a lot of work, but when it’s done , it sure looks nice.

• Profile Photo

The Akizuki & I have punished each other enough….I’ve decided to call this ship done. I give the Wave Corporation a nod of approval, the torpedoes and the hollowed out gun muzzles of the main guns are nice added details that the Tamiya Japanese destroyer I built previously didn’t have.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Very great work done, Jay @ssgt
    You turned this kit into an amazing looking battle ship.
    Really love all the details you spent hours on.
    Thanks for sharing all the progress you made and informative lectures.
    Well done.

• Profile Photo

Thank you for following my Akizuki build John @johnb , I appreciate you interest and encouragement in this OOB project. It was interesting to research the ship’s history online and learn about it’s short life.

• Profile Photo

Love it, my friend @ssgt! What an awesome result! It was a joy to follow your thread!

• Profile Photo

Thank you, Spiros @fiveten ! I’m happy with the results , it looks good on the shelf next to my other completed Japanese destroyer. I appreciate your remarks during the build process.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Jay, @ssgt
    I am very impressed with your completed destroyer. You have knocked this one out of the park !

I have not been too active on Imodeler lately, only because it takes away from what little building time I have had. Thank you for participating in our group, and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Profile Photo

Thank you for the kind words , Louis @lgardner, I appreciate them . The destroyer was an interesting change from aircraft.