1/48 A2N3 Type 90 naval fighter.

Started by John Healy · 44 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Mike Licari said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Wow this is really cool. It's coming along nicely...I've only done two biplanes. All that rigging just scares me! Hats off to you for building this one.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Looks amazing, John! I love the heated can trick.
    All the best!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Now, that makes sense to heat the can first! Will give it a go next time, thank you for the tip! Very nice progress here on the build!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hey guys! I’m still here, just didn’t do any modeling for about five weeks. The weather on our beautiful Alabama beaches and garden work pulled me away from the bench for a bit. Anyways, I did make a little headway on this one last night. The decals are really nice and conform with no setting solution or Future applications. This should finish up fast now, thanks for looking.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Looking great! Yep, @j-healy, the garden is calling every now and then, but you have been making some great progress here. It just looks so nice with the decals on. It has been worth the wait 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 10 months ago:

This is looking fantastic ! Rigging is the only thing that keeps me from building biplanes, but that will change... Welcome back to the bench, but the beach is alluring too.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hi John @j-healy!
    Totally agree with gents @airbum and @lgardner: your Type 90 looks splendid!
    Waiting for it to cross the finish line shortly!

• Profile Photo

Wings on. Just need to rig it and wrap it up now. Hopefully it will be done by Monday. Thanks for looking.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 10 months ago:

John, @j-healy
    Man oh man ! What a piece of artwork and history all at the same time... This is looking fantastic. Rigging has always been one of my weak areas when building models. I have a few of the larger 1/32 scale Hasegawa and Wingnut Wings biplane kits in the stash, but so far I have yet to summon the courage to start one for this very reason... When I see a model that is built so perfectly, (just as your is), I think to myself, "Now there is a master builder"...

Well done my friend. It's looking very good.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years, 10 months ago:

That’s a real beauty, John. Biplanes are not easy. You’ve made this look a breeze. An absolute eye catcher!

• Profile Photo

Hi John @j-healy!
    Agree totally with above gents!
    This is a masterpiece!

• Profile Photo

Done! Posted on main page too.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bill Koppos said 3 years, 10 months ago:

An Eye-catcher that looks like a Fly-catcher. great job, smoooooth execution.

• Profile Photo

I go with Bill @billkoppos!