1/48 NAKAJIMA A6M2N TYPE2 (RUFE) TAMIYA

Started by walt samardak · 43 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    walt samardak said 3 years, 8 months ago:

I've added bead of epoxy to duplicate the wood, don't know if I'm going to do more on their linkages its up high in the cockpit so its visible, we'll see... Spiros do you have a source for the machine gun barrels, everybody I deal with has them on back order, I suppose I could make them you don't see much of them.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Sorry Walt, for the gun barrels, no luck from my sources either.
    Will hardly be visible, though, so making them might not be a bad idea.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 8 months ago:

I also like your attention to detail Walt. Just adds that something special to a model. Looking great!

• Profile Photo
    walt samardak said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Spiros, finally got the barrels, I haven't been working the models lately, putting in new water lines in my house, along with a lot of other home maintenance, hopefully will be able to devote some time blocks to modeling soon.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    walt samardak said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Eric, more of a reminder to work on the Model, LOL.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Walt (@waltosoaring), I just popped the lid on mine today, just to check what AM to order. I see your barrels will be a great addition. I have ordered masks, and will be thinking a bit of other AM items - I guess you are more of a scratchbuilder, and anything you have posted will be checked over again 🙂

• Profile Photo
    walt samardak said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Finally got some quality time this week for the RUFE after pulling all the hip flexors on right hip then twisting same knee a week later in the first week of January OUCH! Anyway cockpit was completed as far as I'm going with this one. Cut-out the machine guns from the instrument plate and added charging handles, tried some home made wash... it gets darker as it drys nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. Its a learning process great for the depths of the cockpit... seriously doubt I'll make the April finish but this is fun!

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Fun is what it's all about. and if, like you, there is a nice model at the end it all sums up!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @waltosoaring!
    Looking gorward to your putting this kit together!
    (Pity about your knee twisting...)

• Profile Photo
    walt samardak said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I closed up the fuselage wasn't too painful, clean up filling, filing and sanding in front of windscreen past the cap, hoping to work on cowling and engine next!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery... I have been there several times myself with various injuries over the years. Now you can devote some quality time to your "Rufe". I like what I have seen, and closing the fuselage is always a good sign.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Nice steps, Walt!

• Profile Photo
    walt samardak said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks All! Fuselage and cowling photos update! cockpit just taped in for time being, things seem to be moving forward all the way around.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Looks amazing, my friend @waltosoaring!
    Love this pilot, as well!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Walt, @waltosoaring
    I like the progress you have recently made. The pilot figure is cool too ! Keep it going my friend... 🙂