1:48 Hasegawa Aichi B7A2 Ryusei Kai Grace

Started by David Kopielski · 33 · 4 years ago · 1/48, Aichi B7A2, Empire of Japan
  • Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Hello All, Thank you for the invite for this group build. This will be the first time doing a group build. I did not have a kit in my stash for a Japanese aircraft for this so I ordered one. It should be arriving next week I will be building the Hasegawa kit number 09149 Aichi B7A2 Ryusei Kai Grace. Looking forward to see everyone else's builds and to show mine. When the kit arrives I will start adding the photos.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Now that is commitment - your first group-build, and ordering a kit especially for it! Looking forward to follow your progress here!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Hello David, @davids_models
    I am very pleased to see that you have joined our ever growing group of Imperial builders. That's some serious dedication to go out and purchase a new kit for the group. Plus this also happens to be your first group build. Perfect !

You couldn't have picked a better one to build either... From what I have read about it, the kit you picked is a very nice builder, and it looks great once completed. It's a Hasegawa kit, so you really can't go wrong there either, as they make some very nice models. I also have that kit in my stash, so if you don't mind, I'll be watching for little tips along the way to use when the time comes and I crack open the box.

So just like Erik mentioned, I'm also looking forward to watching your progress.

Thanks again, and stay safe.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 years, 1 month ago:

Hi David! Welcome to the group with such a nice entry!

• Profile Photo

Thanks all, The kit is expected to be delivered on 04/09 (Thursday). Will post this weekend on the start.

• Profile Photo
    Mike Licari said 4 years, 1 month ago:

I have the B7A1 version in the stash...will be following this!

• Profile Photo

Received the kit, Need to finish my current build so I will be starting this next week.

• Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 4 years ago:

I completed my last build so now I am starting this. I am using the Hasegawa kit as well as using the Eduard photo etch for the cockpit.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 4 years ago:

So Dave when do you open the Makers Mark? Before you start, during the build when you screw something up, or upon successful completion? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 4 years ago:

Firstly, what a great bench David - the third photo is awesome! Secondly, Tom @tom-bebout - everyone knows that Maker's Mark is the best thinner for AK paints...

This GB is teaching me that I have really never heard of most Japanese aircraft - can't wait to this one shape up now it has arrived, David!

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 4 years ago:

Looking forward to this build. Your work area is far too neat; I can see areas of exposed table top. How do you manage to find anything?

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 4 years ago:

Looking forward to this build as well. I have this kit in the stash also. But with 3 already planned doubtful if I can get one more in with other projects already in progress. And other planned builds that are upcoming. Oh and your desk looks more sanitized than an operating room just before surgery.

• Profile Photo

The Maker's Mark is to help steady the hands when painting fine details. However, too many small details and then both hands start to wander (or is it my vision?) LOL As for my bench, It only looks this clean and organized when I start a build. Give it a couple of hours and chaos ensues.

• Profile Photo

Here is the full bench. This was taken right after I set up the side bench. Photos of the rest of the "Studio" can be seen at https://davidsscalemodels.com/gallery/the-studio/

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years ago:

You have a very nice setup there... and I can't wait to see the next installment.