FIAT BR.20 ”Cicogna”, I-Type (私はタイプする), IJAA, 12th Sentai, China 1939

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 167 · 2 years ago · 1/72, BR.20, Cicogna, Empire of Japan, Italeri
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Yep, its a pity, my friend @michaelt! My clothes line was almost ready!
    I believe this triple parallel wire antenna was used at early stages. Later, it might have been found that they had to have the three wires at angles, so better reception would be achieved...
    Anyway, I hope the two wires emerging from the fuselage sides and ending midwing will be of some visual interest, as well...

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Well my friend, both layouts might be very true, and as it is your build you decide what works for you. I am by no means an expert, not even close to being that, but in my everlasting searches for information on the 109's I keep digging new information up (just added a tiny bit to the 109werke). I find that very stimulating and a fun part of the hobby. Happy hunting for the right solution for you @fiveten.

Oh, by the way - looking forward to the last 95% of this build 🙂

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 11 months ago:

@fiveten I like your laundry wire!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum! Yes, it is just amazing to dig into those small (or not that small) details and discover such amazing things! No way I would have run onto this very interesting info, should I not be into modeling!

My friend @lis, I am afraid I will have to use the second option...meaning no triple parallel wires... 🙁

But there will be three wires there, just not parallel, some laundry could be hung there! 🙂

• Profile Photo

New aerial wires arrangement in process...

Upon glue curing I will attempt tighten the loose ones...
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten Looks great!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lis

• Profile Photo

Almost ready to cross the finish line...

The prop hubs received some wash, the tip lights were rendered, numerous touchups and corrections as well!
    Only the top "astrodome type" tansparency is to be fitted.
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten red stripes on prop blades?

• Profile Photo

No, the blades should be all metal, no stripes whatsoever, my friend @lis.
    Cicogna pics show them like this, Italeri instructions also advise to have them all metal, no stripes. Interstingly, Special Hobby advise black blades with yellow tips, but their boxart show the blades all metal!

• Profile Photo

Finished!

Thank you so much my friends (in order of apperance!):

@holzhamer, @airbum, @blackadder57, @tcinla, @pikofix, @j-healy, @lgardner, @stephen-w-towle, @gkittinger, @wkubacki, @airbum0, @airbum1, @airbum2,

for stopping by, commenting and keeping company (which the best part of thebuild!).

Onto the 1/32 Sukhoi 27 now!

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great to see the finished model! I really think you did a great job with this aging kit.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @pikofix!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten well Done! I didn't get to the thank you list for cheering, but I was a bit late with my presence in this respectable modeling group, which I try to make up with the models I make 😉

PS. What kind of guns had Cigogna on turrets?

• Profile Photo

Thanks, my friend @lis!

Your presence in this fantastic Empire of Japan (EoJ) Group is really spectacular, with all your builds, sharing your experiences and asking advice, of which all great people here are glad to share their experiences and knowledge. Thanks again, my friend, for participating at this GB with such productivity and enthusiasm!

The Cicogna normally carried the same 12.7 mm (.5 in) Breda-SAFAT machine guns at both turrets and the underside ventral gun housing (so, 3 guns in total).