Minicraft/Hasegawa 1/48 Mitsubishi Zero Type 52a

Started by Jordyn Collier · 20 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Does anyone have recommendations for a type of primer? I’ve heard Mr. Surfacer is good, but then there are other alternatives I’ve been told are better.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Hi Jordyn. I just airbrushed a few kits with Tamiya. I have had tough luck with that in the past, but today I thinned it 50:50, and it went OK. Before I got an airbrush, I started with some ordinary aerosol primer from the builders depot - works fine, but a bit hard to control. Later in life I bought Tamiya aerosol primer, and that went well. I suppose you still have to brush it on, and if so, I would reccomend you check some local shop (not entirely sure what they are called where you live. Homedepot?)

Hope this helped.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looking good Jordyn!

• Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Been a month. Sorry. Does anyone know if the Japanese did anything with Kamikaze zeros? Like, did they blank off the guns/remove radio/etc? I'll continue to look, but so far Google is betraying me for some reason.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 3 months ago:

According to a topic in Quora, it was common to remove radios, guns, gunsights and everything "unecessary" for their final mission. The canopies might be bolted closed and the bomb(s) were bolted, too. Fuel was just sufficient to go, not to come back, so you get the idea, Jordyn @1corsair64...

Of course, pics of the actual plane, before its final mission, would be a treasure... But, as you know, they are extremely rare...

My advice would be, if no pic refs are available, go with your own interpretation of the above info...