Minicraft/Hasegawa 1/48 Shinden Canard Experimental Interceptor

Started by Jordyn Collier · 18 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jordyn Collier said 3 years, 4 months ago:

A few things;
    Pros:
    -Sanding DONE
    -Guns blanked off (not on the surviving aircraft, as seen on the museum piece)
    -Everything is finally taking shape

Cons:
    -Destroyed the canopy on accident when I tried to remove the glass panels from the frames. Not the end of the world, but I will have to make new frames.
    -Landing gear, as mentioned in other builds, and especially the one by Spiros, were shaky as heck. Glued into position well, but shaky. I may remove them and add wire for strength.

But other than that, I’m happy so far. Waiting for a couple bucks to pick up some primer before I attempt to scribe things. I want to make sure I have a good light-grey base to draw the lines on before I accidentally butcher this. That would be sad, and I’d have to fill and sand the thing smooth again, and I don’t really want to do that lol. Thanks y’all. Comments are appreciated.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Nice Shinden shape standing on her legs, Jordyn @1corsair64!
    Don't worry about mishaps: they happen all the time. Correct what you can and go on. That;s the fun of modeling!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

It shines through your post that you are having a great time with this, and take the challenges as they come. Great stuff to have the build on its feet Jordyn (@1corsair64).