Zero over Guadalcanal- Saburo Sakai

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 68 · 1 year ago · 1/48, A6M2, Eduard, Zero
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Looks fantastic already, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 1 month ago:

@johnb

@stephen-w-towle

@fiveten

Thank you gentleman for the feedback.

Looking a bit more at my own photos made me realise that the engine cowl doesn’t really “match” the less pristine look of the remaining airframe… that’s one of the reasons I always take a couple of photos of my models

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Pedro, @holzhamer
    I have not had any time to stop by and comment on Imodeler recently. Things outside of our hobby have been keeping me busy. Life gets in the way of my building time lately, and I have even less time for posting anything.

I am VERY impressed with your Sakai Zero. It looks magnificent as is, and it will look even better when you work your magic on the cowling. I sent you a PM.

I am looking forward to seeing this one in the headlines section. Two thumbs up 🙂

• Profile Photo

@lgardner
    Thanks Louis! I’ll get back to you soon. Cheers

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 1 month ago:

@holzhamer - I really like the way your paintwork turned out with this. It definitely looks like a Zero that's been in the South Pacific for a few months! This is seriously excellent.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Tom, appreciate it @tcinla

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Pedro,
    In my own work I've wondered what is the appropriate color for the camera. What your eyes see and the camera's see are two different things in modeling kits. Even when you correct for the appropriate "color" or buy the paint closest to what is correct then your dealing with the appropriate light. What environment is your subject being shown in . . . if it's been on the deck of a carrier being exposed to heat, humidity, salt and sea and bright light. The photo's should reflect that if that is the case. All of which is esoteric and tad over thought out. But, if that is the effect your looking for . . .

Perhaps, a light dusting of gray pastel to fade the finish on the cowling. If doesn't work you can easily remove it with a damp cloth.

• Profile Photo
    Woody Kubacki said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Absolutely incredible build and finish Pedro @holzhamer. The variation in the paint, the dirt, the subtle weathering and make for a very impressive model.