Zoukie Mura 1/32 Toryu-for the Toryu mini group

Started by Bill Koppos · 5 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Bill Koppos said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Depicted are the first sprue cut, and first parts glued together, in what is going to be a big one. There are a LOT of parts in this big-a-- box (including a wing spar as big as my arm), but the longest journey...you know. Have many decisions to make on color scheme, version, and how to utilize some of the provided clear sprues. It would be a terrible shame to hide the incredible amount of internal structure Zoukie gives us here. The engines have pistons and con-rods for crying out loud. Never seen that before (except on the old Monogram visible V-8). Here we go...

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Bill @billkoppos!
    I am speechless! This is such a magnificent entry! I am eagerly mostly waiting for the use of the clear parts, so one can see the interior.
    This is going to be super!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Wow Bill ! @billkoppos
    This is an amazing build and you now have my full undivided attention ! These ZM kits are spectacular, and details like what you described are shameful to cover... Maybe you can do a maintenance diorama scene ? With an engine removed and broken down ? I can just imagine that one as all of your work is incredible.

Years ago I had the Visible V-8 engine model, but mine was the Chrysler 426 HEMI and not the typical Chevy small block. A few years ago I sold it at a Mopar Swap meet in Ocala. Now I wish I had kept it...

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Bill @billkoppos , I know this feeling very well, especially if it is your first ZM kit . Even now, after several of them, I continue to be as surprised as the first time .
    In any case , you are enough experienced and you can take the maximum from such a beautiful kit .
    I will follow for sure !

• Profile Photo
    Woody Kubacki said 3 years, 1 month ago:

This oughta be good. Following