A-4B Skyhawk – Fuerza Aerea Argentina, Falklands War – 1/48 scale

Started by Colin Gomez · 94 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 11 months ago:

OK. Never mind. I decided to ditch the TER, after all.

I found more period pics of the single bomb mount. These helped me see how to remount it. Too bad about the TER, it had nice detail. Should be good when I do my US Navy and USAF A-7s, down the road. Onward with the rest of the detail now! Hope to get this done this weekend.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 11 months ago:

I would ditch the TER as well, my friend @coling! Looking superb!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 11 months ago:

It looks interesting with the TER mounted but definitely looks good as well without, Colin @coling

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Thanks, Spiros@fiveten and John@johnb. I appreciate the kind feedback. She's almost done. Only some canopy detailing to do before attaching that final large component plus a couple of tiny pitot tubes(?) forward of the windscreen. This weekend I completed hours of finishing work: ie. countless "small" jobs done very slowly to avoid mishaps (one blob of glue could ruin everything). I did a lot of the work with Gator Glue to give me flexibility and minimal marring of paint. Great stuff, works well for very small resin details and attaching ordinance to pylons. Gator glue, clear parts cement and tiny amounts of liquid glue helped to attach the following: resin tail loop antennas, clear red spine nav light on the radome, metalized, weathered tail exhaust cone, speed brakes glued on with super tiny hydraulic rams, arrestor hook (with decal), wing root cannons drilled out, painted metalized with graphite and Rub n Buff. And finally I glued on the starboard leading edge slat for (I hope) the last time. Fingers crossed to get this done over the next couple of days. No more time for modeling today. I won't post anymore until this is done and in headlines. Thanks for following the build.