Revell (Matchbox) 1/72 Handley Page VICTOR K Mk 2

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 87 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Handley Page, Matchbox, Revell, The Falklands War, Victor
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Thanks my friend @mornem!

• Profile Photo

Little steps...

With the Victor undergoing improvisation filling/sanding loops (and it indeed needs quite a few of them...), I checked the canopy fit. It needed some brave filing at the sides to conform. To my joy, it conformed (ok, roughly), only needing some polishing:

Victor wheel bays are not easilly viewable, but the door innards are. I thus added some stretched sprue at the NLG door innards, to beef up the looks a tad,:

MLG door innards have some nice inner detail, so I will leave them "as is".

I will add some stretched sprue to all inner bay walls though, as they look totally toy-ish.

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Adrian Starling said 3 years ago:

Spiros, awesome work! You are very busy with all your builds but I must say that this is a very interesting bomber! I am really enjoying the great detail improvements you are adding and look forward to seeing the Victor progress!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @adrianstarling!

• Profile Photo

Detailing

Here's how the front doors innards look so far...
    And one of the MLG bays
    My aim is to make the areas look busy (or, better, un-bland).
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

It is amazing how far a little sprue will get you - nice work my friend.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years ago:

You’re making short work of this monster, Spiros!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years ago:

Another "Spiros saves a doorstop from being, well... a doorstop" victory. This old monster is going to look good when done.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @j-healy and @tcinla! Now that the Airfix K2 is arriving, I believe this kit's latest (2015) reissue will be the final one...

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years ago:

Impressive work in getting this one literally into top shape, Spiros. Seeing the clear parts go on is encouraging. It seems fairing them in will be the least of your challenges so far. Looking forward to masking and the first coats of paint.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @coling!