Roden 1/48 Gladiator I

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 115 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Gladiator, Gloster, Roden, Valeriy Grygorenko
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Very nicely detailed gunsight, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

Wing tip lights were replaced with clear pieces...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Tail planes rigged and rudder control rods attached...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Some oil spilling under the engine and some undersides (incl. tires) dirtying...

• Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 2 years, 1 month ago:

G'day Spiros (@fiveten),
    Wow! This has gone fast.
    Stretched sprue is something I've never been able to manage and yours is fantastic.
    Looking at the pic below, you can see that there is a horizontal rod, just below the cockpit, that runs for-aft from the intersection of the front crossed rigging wire to the rear bracing wire. You might want to add that.

I pulled my kit out of the stash to have a look at it.
    If I didn't have too much on the go already...

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @michaelt! Will give it a try for sure!
    In the meantime, here is the final coat applied...

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Great dirtying of the underside, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Talk about shock and awe in modeling . . . a biplane no less. Impressive to say the least.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friends @johnb and @stephen-w-towle!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 1 month ago:

it's looking mighty fine, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @eb801!

• Profile Photo

Thanks to the heads-up from our friend @michaelt, I added the cross bracing rods...

also added the transparencies, the distinctive aerial, painted the wingtip lights, before calling the pre-war Gladiator...

• Profile Photo

Done!

Thank you our Admin @stephen-w-towle for having such a wonderful GB idea. My deep Thanks to all friends who followed my thread.

Valeriy was yet another victim of a war he did not chose. For us modelers, he was "our" Valeriy, a polite and noble personality, an amazing and inspiring artist, with Roden kits becoming even more attractive featuring his paintings in their box arts.

RIP, our good Friend, we will never forget you. We WILL spell your name, you WILL live forever.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Some heart felt modeling Spiro's. You have good taste and the Gladiator is so apropos in representing how delicate life is, while being a defender of democracy and freedom. Valeriy's paintings our about ideas, possibilities and inspirations in modeling. I've bought more models as result of good art work. If a company cares enough to pay for some good art on the box top its a indicator of what's in the box.

Now that your done with your Gladiator, I've decided to paint my kit like the Valeriy's painting and will be riding on the shoulders of some of your work. The rigging hole photos will be of great help in building this kit.