Roden 1/48 Gladiator I

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 115 · 1 year ago · 1/48, Gladiator, Gloster, Roden, Valeriy Grygorenko
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Turner said 2 years, 1 month ago:

G'day Spiros (@fiveten),
    Beautiful!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks my friend @stephen-w-towle! Looking forward to yours!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @michaelt!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Great work, Spiros. Incredible that you finished it so quickly and with such detail! I am ashamed that I haven't even attempted any of the biplanes in my stash, simply because of the rigging and painting challenges. Did you have any issues with any of the rigging sagging after you continued on to other strands that pulled in other directions. I would have expected that when working with stretched sprue, but I don't see any issues in the pics. Did you use the heat application technique to tighten things up?

Anyway, this must be a new record time for completing a quality build on this site. Congratulations on a brilliant, informative step-by-step. I am inspired to get to work on my shelf queens (many of them Roden, actually). Thanks for showing the way. I will save a few superlatives about the finish for when we see this in Headlines.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

An excellent build, Spiros @fiveten
    A great way to remember Valeriy.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @coling! I had a few (but not too many) sagging issues with the stretched sprue. I used a hairdryer to take the slack, a method that worked in this case (but does not always work). Stretched sprue is a material/method with a number of peculiarities (and, why not, disadvantages) that has nevertheless suited my style (whereas, on the other hand, I am not at all good with thin wire and the like!).

Roden kits are distinctive, for sure they do not build like Tamiya quarter scale Spits (especially the older versions! 🙂 ), but my experience so far is that they come along positively. Your skills can easily produce masterpieces out of your Roden "shelf queens!

Again, thanks a lot for the motivating words!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!
    Glad you like it!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Spiros, @fiveten
    I have not had much time for building lately, and even less for posting (or replying) to anything here on Imodeler. I am sorry I missed out on following your build journal on your Gladiator. It looks very good, and I hope to see it in the headlines soon. I am always amazed by your productivity rate. QC1 and QC2 are keeping things running smooth at the Spiros Aircraft Factory.

Stay safe my friend.

• Profile Photo

Thank you so much my friend @lgardner!
    Yep, thanks to QCs 1&2 all is running smoothly!

• Profile Photo
    Ronnie Olsthoorn said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Good stuff! I have one in the stash as well but haven't dared starting it yet. It looks like a challenging but rewarding build.