1/32 F16I sufa

Started by olivier.rive · 50 · 1 week ago
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Good morning

(french traduction !)
    F-16I SUFA

The F-16I nicknamed "Sufa" (storm) was manufactured by "Lockheed Martin" (which took over General Dynamics)
    The major difference of the F-16I from the Block 52 is that approximately 50% of the avionics were replaced with Israeli-developed avionics, such as the towed Israeli air decoy replacing the ALE-50 and the autonomous instrumentation of aerial combat maneuver, which allows training. exercises should be conducted without relying on ground instruments. Elbit Systems produced the aircraft's helmet-mounted viewfinder, heads-up display (HUD), mission and presentation computers, and digital map display. Additionally, the F-16I can use Rafael's Python 5 infrared-guided air-to-air missile and often uses Israel Aerospace Industries' (IAI) removable conformal fuel tanks (CFTs) for extended range. Major systems of American origin include the F100-PW-229 turbofan engine, which offers commonality with the IDF/AF F-15Is, and the APG-68 radar.
    102 copies (around 70 million/piece)
    The SUFA made its maiden flight in December 2003 and the first aircraft was delivered to the IAF at Ramon Air Base in February 2004.

I chose to represent a Sufa who participated in Operation Orchard sometimes called Osirak II (Opera)
    the “470” of 253 Sqn “The Negev Squadron” (if anyone can confirm the numbers of the planes that participated?)

Operation carried out on September 6, 2007 on a building near Halabiyé, in the governorate of Deir ez-Zor in Syria: site, nicknamed the Al-Kibar reactor and the Cube
    The operation mobilized 8 F-15I and F-16I planes which, after flying over the Syrian coast and the Turkish border, dropped a total of 17 tons of bombs on their objective
    It destroyed a building in Syria, which according to the authorities housed a graphite-gas reactor built with the help of North Korea and intended to be used for the production of military plutonium.
    The Syrian regime then announced a simple attack on a “military site of minor importance”.
    The Syrian government has always denied having built a nuclear reactor. Ten North Korean engineers were killed in the attack
    On April 28, 2010, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano declared that the target was indeed the hidden site of a future nuclear reactor, contrary to Syrian assertions.
    On March 21, 2018, the Israeli state officially admitted destroying the nuclear facility

Mounting :

I decided to start with the additional loads and the drivers so as not to struggle at the end and be impatient to finish everything.
    Start of assemblies:
    cockpit :

a+

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Awesome entry and great progress already, my friend @pilote14!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

Great entry, Olivier @pilote14
    Nicely detailed seats.

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

thanks
    Tanks, GBU-31 and pylons

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Very nice, Olivier @pilote14

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looking great, my friend @pilote14!

• Profile Photo

next step, minor problem...

a+

• Profile Photo

Looking good to me, Olivier @pilote14

• Profile Photo

Looks good from here also, my friend @pilote14!

• Profile Photo

thanks

• Profile Photo

Cockpit looks awesome so far, my friend @pilote14!

• Profile Photo

Impressive result, Olivier @pilote14

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Good morning
    bonding of the dorsal edge, and blank installation of the CFT

I still ordered the AK real colors... (I'm weak!)

Setting up the cockpit for testing (nothing is glued) before assembling the 2 half fuselages

bye

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

CFT fits nicely, Olivier @pilote14
    The cockpit looks beautiful.
    With those AK colors you are ready to go for the paint session, looking forward to that.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 1 week ago:

All looking super, my friend @pilote14! Looking forward to your next steps!