Updated 20/03/2022 detailing the old 1/32 Hasegawa Me 262 . Crossing the finish line !

Started by Michael Ezat · 75 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Michael, welcome back.
    Loosing a friend is hard, but good memories will always be with you.
    Your progress again looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 7 months ago:

John , finding good friends in your return is a big life value .
    Thank you !

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Welcome back at the bench Michael. Small updates are always welcome, and keep reminding us that each journey is made up of small steps. Keep'em comin'!

• Profile Photo

"and keep reminding us that each journey is made up of small steps"
    This is pure modeling wisdom ! Thank you Erik !

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 7 months ago:

I will add my welcome back, Michael (@faraomike). I understand your feelings completely. My wife always had a cat when she was younger, so we got a cat after we got married. The cat was 22 years old when she passed away. It was so tough dealing with her loss that we talked about not getting another cat. We eventually got another cat that we rescued from the animal shelter, and she has now been with us for about 15 years. The pain will pass but the good memories will still remain.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

George , I appreciate your kindly words .
    Sincerely thank you !

• Profile Photo

Hello gentlemens , how are you all ?

It's time for a small Saturday afternoon update (tomorrow I will be very busy continuing playing with my airbrushes and may have not time for the next part , so wait for the next week) .

As you may see , I have finished with sanding and masking , and after a heavy preshading , everything is ready for the first layer of color .

The first batch of colors already took place on the bench and the airbrushes came to them .

My chosen paint scheme is a ... non paint scheme !

Is one Me 262 A-1a as founded in Germany after the end of the war . Is a modified 262 A-1a/U3 (photo reconaissance), rebuilding as fighter with a nose from another plane , heavy and very sloppy and messy paintwork on .

So , that's all for now , be my guest and do not hesitate to comment on what you think, either positively or negatively .

Thank you for your time , see you soon !

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Hi Michael!
    This is a great choice for painting your Me-262! It will look fantastic when finished, and unique for sure!
    Nice progress so far!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Hello Michael, I will join Spiros to welcome you this USA morning. Well rested, peace of mind with wonderful memories, and here to follow your magnificent build of the Hase Me-262. Looking forward as you progress in your painting techniques. As something that will help me with my just as old 1/48 Revell/Monogram 262 project. Have a blessed day and enjoy.

• Profile Photo

Hello Spiros and Chuck ! Thank you for your immediate and kindly responce .
    Your comments are always welcomed .

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Michael (@faraomike), those latewar, pick up whatever is at hand frankenplanes are quite a challenge. I'll be on the edge of the chair in anticipation for the next week or so!

• Profile Photo

Erik , relax ! The show is ready to start .
    Thanks mate .

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 6 months ago:

A lot of preparation done, Michael.
    Pretty sure the outcome will be great with the non paint scheme you have in mind.
    Take your time.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 6 months ago:

The first color fell. My right hand is cramping and my eyes are blurring , but so far , so good .
    I will stay with what I have achieved so far. I may make some small corrections later, but in general this is the color of the fuselage. For the record let me mention that it is RLM 76 light gray & RLM 80 green. I stop for now, the sequel logically next week.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Looking perfect! Cramped hand and blurred vision is very common to us all when painting late war patterns 🙂
    Great progress.