1/48 Airfix Buccaneer #2

Started by Brian Scott · 47 · 1 day ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Good progress, Brian @f-104nut
    The seats will improve significantly.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

This one is moving right along, Brian @f-104nut. I am really starting to like the Quinta (and similar) products. It is really nice not to have to cut out, bend, and attach the PE, and hopefully not have the pre-coloring flake off.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

I decided to go with the Aerocraft 3D Buccaneer seats which look way better then the kit seats . Only thing is they dont have the loaction box on the back to mount on the bulck heads . I used some plstic stock to make some , test fitted and perfect ! Now to make up my mind if I'll use the Aerocraft ejection seat pulls or the Quinta Studio set ejection pulls ? Instrument panel coaming was painted with my own Tamiya mix then drybrush with german gray . Crew ladders assembled and i added a piece pof place for extra brace . Speed brake cleaned up and assembled . I origanlly drilled out the holes for the wing mounted , Looking closely at the markings i chose this plane does not have them so i have to fill the mount holes in .

IMG_5859 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5864 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5866 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5867 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5862 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5870 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5872 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

The Aerocraft seats are pieces of art, my friend @f-104nut! Great job on the coaming, too! Superb looks allover.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Those seats are impressive, Brian @f-104nut
    Lots of details, clearly an improvement over the original ones.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Ditto from me, Brian @f-104nut, your replacement seats are terrific. I have always thought that lackluster seats really detract from an otherwise outstanding cockpit, while well-detailed seats raise the level of the cockpit considerably. These seats will really up the level of your interior. Paint will really make the seats look perfect.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Busy couple of days on the Buccaneer . Installed the HUD and coaming . The Aerocraft seats was sprayed with mr surfcer 1500 primer . Once dry you can really see the amazing 3D printed detail . Bottom seat frame color was airbrushed and the black was hand painted . Next I'll start painting the cushins . I was pretty sucessful makng my Tamiya mix for the RAF light aircraft grey which was spray on the slipper fuel tanks . Once the bombs are sprayed with clear gloss il atemp to use the kit decals for the yellow band on the nose. Next to get the windsheild cleaned up and ready to glue on .

IMG_5949 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5948 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5932 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5933 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5931 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5947 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5945 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5944 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5943 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5942 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_5941 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Excellent job continuing, my friend f-104nut!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Some very nice progress, Brian @f-104nut

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 month, 1 week ago:

This is going to look great, Brian @f-104nut.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Seats look really nice with lots of detail, Brian (@f-104nut). Those landing gear struts look huge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 2 weeks, 4 days ago:

Spent the last week working on various parts . Took about a week to paint the aerocraft seats which are just beautiful painted with Tamiya acrylics . Only thing left to paint are the pull handle on the bottom and top ejection pulls . I used the super nice kit decal stencils on the FOD covers. . FOD covers and seats now ready for future wash . Windshield masked the dead design mask set and frame sprayed with Tamiya cockpit black . Next ill start spraying mr surfacer primer .

IMG_6355 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6356 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6357 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6358 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6352 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6353 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6337 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 4 days ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @f-104nut!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Progressing nicely, Brian @f-104nut

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 1 day, 3 hours ago:

Fianlly started sprasyng the mr finishin surfacer primer 1500 gray on the airframe . Once dry i look to see if any sanding or more primer is required then I'll spray the top side . Got the future bkack wash applied to various parts .

IMG_6668 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6639 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6638 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6637 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6636 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6635 by b007scott, on Flickr

IMG_6634 by b007scott, on Flickr

Brian