1/48 Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle, Operation Inherent Resolve.

Started by David D. · 57 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    David D. said 5 months ago:

Starting a new project based on my son saying "Dad when are you going to build a Jet?"

I have some add-ons to go with the build. I purchased the Quickboost Aces II seats and although they are very nice they don't come with the ejector seat rails. So, I would have to scratch build them. Not interested in doing that at this point so I purchased a set from DEF Model. They are 3D printed and come with the ejector rails. All this stuff has been acquired over the last year.

I have an ordnance set from Hasegawa but it does not come with the new GBU-39's which are presently used in theatre. I have the Kit sniper pod but the Eduard one looks cool so I got that. Also, I got a set of AIM-9L sidewinders. I assume these are still used by these aircraft but I also have a set of AIM-9X as well. Can I use either set? I was going to use the 9X's on an F-35 I am intending to build as well.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

One of the units deployed to the Mid-East for OIR is the 494th EFS (Black Panthers) as of October 2023.

I ordered decals from two bobs but I hope they arrive in Canada as I checked on the progress a week after I ordered them and they still showed as not shipped as yet. I think they are coming out of Texas.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months ago:

Awesome entry, my friend @totalize! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months ago:

A beautiful kit with lots of extras, David @totalize
    Will look amazing.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys. Hang on because this might be a wild ride.

New items ordered but not yet arrived.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months ago:

Wow! Awesome "extras", my friend @totalize!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 5 months ago:

Even more extras, David @totalize
    The seats are very nicely detailed.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 5 months ago:

Looks like a fun build, David (@totalize). Using a resin seat makes a big difference in how the cockpit looks. Looking forward to following along on this build.

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

Cockpit work using the Quinta 3D decals. I must say they look very nice. IP's are just dry fitted at the moment.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

Nice work with the Quinta decals, David @totalize

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

This an awesome looking cockpit, my friend @totalize!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 4 weeks ago:

3D decals really make a big difference in appearance, David @totalize. I find them easier to use than PE, and they usually look better, too. Their price can sometimes be a deterrent.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks Gents. Yes, I agree George they are not cheap. I think I would use them only for 1/48 Jets and 1/32 scale aircraft. For 1/48 WW2 aircraft and smaller I don't see the point.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 4 months, 3 weeks ago:

The nose landing gear is now in place. the panels and kit ejection seat are dry-fitted. Control sticks now in place. I used aluminum tape for the landing gear leg.