1/48 Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle, Operation Inherent Resolve.

Started by David D. · 78 · 3 hours ago
  • Profile Photo
    David D. said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks Guys,
    Much appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 1 week ago:

On a plane like the F-15, it always seems it takes longer to prepare the weapons and tanks than it does to build the rest of the plane. Well done on all the stuff hanging off the plane, David .(@totalize)

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks George,
    Now that it's coming together this Eagle is looking good. I will post some photos soon of my progress.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 2 months ago:

Super Slow but steady progress on Bullseye who as you know was Woody's horse in Toy Story. Pin wash and decals on the upper fuselage done. A bit of silvering on some but nothing I can't fix. Still have to flat coat the nose area. Speed brake re-done to reflect F-15C/D colours. Jet engines in place now but need some touching up. I made up my own mix of pin wash as the one panel liner (one you see in the background from AK in one of the pictures) was too dark and I didn't want the panel lines to be stark in appearance. To knock this down I used that panel liner with some white oil paint to give it a more dark grey than almost black appearance which I think give the lines a more subtle appearance. Sorry for the average pictures.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Nicely coming along, my friend @totalize!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

Great progress, David @totalize
    Speed is not an important factor in modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Joe Roamer said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Wow, your Eagle is progressing nicely, David...the after-market stuff looks awesome!

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 1 month ago:

Hi Guys,

Here's another update. I screwed up the decals on Bullseye so had to switch gears and do another Eagle. The one I chose is Chief. If you look at the last picture in the sequence you will see what I believe to be the same a/c ie Chief and this one have the same a/c serial number. Not sure if the actual photo was taken before or after the Chief markings were put on/removed. The decals are done topside just have to flip it over and finish off the undersides. Then flat coat and start adding ordnance canopies etc.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Your Eagle is really looking nice, David (@totalize). Being able to switch gears on the decals was a happy accident. I always worry about decal problems, because they come right at the end of the build and often can't be fixed easily. Looking forward to the end of the build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Your "new" decal scheme looks very nice, my friend @totalize!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Nice result on this new decal scheme, David @totalize

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks George. Applying decals can be nerve wracking when you only have one set.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Spiros. Much appreciated.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John, Getting closer now. I want to turn my attention to other projects.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 7 hours, 6 minutes ago:

F-15E underside now complete. 8 x GBU 39's and 4 x GBU-54's and 1 X GBU-31 smart bombs for the air to ground ordnance. 2 x Aim 9X and 2 X AMRAAM for air to air missiles

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.