1/48 Boeing F-15E Strike Eagle, Operation Inherent Resolve.

Started by David D. · 60 · 1 week ago
  • Profile Photo
    David D. said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks Spiros and John much appreciated.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks Chuck. I have the Academy kit too. I picked up the weapons set from hasegawa a few years back so I think I am good there but I also added some resin AIM-9's (X and L) and some GBU-39's which are being used in operation OIR.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since I have posted an update on my Strike Eagle Build. Trying to get some more bench time but work has been super busy. Anyway here's some progress shots.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

@totalize David that Strike Eagle looking really great . Great minds think alike . I also have that same sheet . My was was crew chief with 493rd TFS F-111 Lakenheath 83-86 . So I was 12-14 years old there so Lakenheath was my favor base to be at . Keep up the awesome work !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent progress, my friend @totalize!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Glad you are working on this kit again, David @totalize. I sometimes find it very hard to find time to work on models, even though I am retired. Looking forward to your next steps.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 3 weeks ago:

Some very good progress made, David @totalize.
    Bench time is very rare from time to time.

• Profile Photo
    David D. said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks guys. I am trying to get in more bench time.

• Profile Photo

One instruction error Revell made on this kit is not including placement of the side intake scoops. I think they did the F-15C/D previously as these aircraft don't have them. They are only on the F-15E and the F-15EX AFAIK which I suspect has something to do with conditioning of the conformal tanks. Thankfully, Revell did include them in the kit so they got that right. I added them to the conformal tanks on the port and starboard side in the correct position. I used my instructions for the new Hasewgawa F-15EX as a reference.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Great job overcoming the non-reference of the side scoops, my friend @totalize!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Okay, here is my prospective loadout for a OIR F-15E. Let me know what you think. I believe this load out is possible. based on pictures I have seen. Not necessarily in this configuration but with the respective munitions at the hardpoints mentioned.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

This loadout looks possible, my friend @totalize. Since you have your actual loadout verified by pics, you are good to go.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

This will look really cool with a full load of weapons, David (@totalize). When you have a lot of ordnance, it always seems to take as much time to prepare and attach the weapons as it did to build the plane.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Will look great with all the ordnance attached, David @totalize