1/48 Eduard fw 190 a5 Emil Lang

Started by Adilcan Topgül · 21 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Adilcan Topgül said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Here is my first build log as I said before but in a new topic because I've posted it on the wrong section.

To star off i want to share my build steps and also my comments about the build and the kit.

As usual I've begin with the cockpit. Because this kit is a weekend edition from Eduard it does not comes with the pe set as you know oob. details of the kit is pretty good I can say especially with a little scratch building or a pe set you can have a decent engine oob. also if you want tho show off the engine you have to scratch some interior detail for the hatches on the cowling.

This is my first Eduard kit and also first fw190 kit i am a huge fan of fw190 so i also have some other variants form Eduard in my stash.

For the build cockpit is pretty straight forward, and only details I've add is some cushion for the seat made from tamiya two part epoxy and some seatbelts made from lead sheet and some brass wires.

The fuselage halves are closed also the landing gear bay is assembled I want to point out something here before I start a kit that I am not familiar with i like to check some build reviews and videos of it and I've seen that some modelers have problems with meeting the wing halves together because of the inner structure parts. Luckily it went pretty smooth for me since I've given extreme care to aligning the inner structural parts. enough talk for today here are some pics goodnight modelers.

12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Hi Adilcan, you are off to a good start with this kit, I can see you really like this plane. I’m looking forward to watching your progress. Welcome to iModeler.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks George i hope to post more progress this week if i have time. I am liveing a double modelers life working for a museum as a modeler by day and working on my own projects by night 😀

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 2 months ago:

I'm on board, Aldican - great start. And we all live double lives, my friend. Some of us just don't know it.

• Profile Photo

Thank you David

• Profile Photo

Nothing too fancy today. Fuselage is mainly complete and the bird is %99 ready to paint also inside the landing gear bay and inside of the landing gear doors are painted with rlm gray goodnight.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Aldican, that was fast. Did you had any troubles getting the engine covers align, and also the wing/fuselage join? Have read several complaints about those areas.
    Yours is looking good, with a nice fit, at least no putty I can see.

• Profile Photo

Wing /fuselage joint was pretty neat you just have to take your time with it. As for the engine covers fit between the covers and the rest of the fuselage is not the smoothest ive seen and i just used a tiny tiny drop of filler here and there

• Profile Photo

Camo applied

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Decals on some detail painting tiny bits and weathering left

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 2 months ago:

Looks great ! You have come a long way in a short time. Well done.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Louis the camo job didnt go exactly as i wanted but its ok i hope she looks even better after the weathering and flat coat and rest of the details added but enough for today i think ive spent 7+ hours on it today

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 2 months ago:

That's a great looking 190, Adilcan. Beautifully done soft line between the camo colours.

• Profile Photo

Thanks again David camo is not 100% as i wanted but it looks okay

• Profile Photo

Here are some photos before the finish okay okay i know it has some mistakes it has a little bit of overspray also some fingerprints on the clearcote which ill try to remove with fine wet sanding anyways it still has some missing parts which ill add before the finish

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.