1/32 Tamiya Spitfire Mk.IXE

35 posts · Last reply 7 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 1 - 15 of 35 posts
  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Construction started from the cockpit as usual.
    Cockpit side walls and the other cockpit components painted to RAF interior green.
    After some weathering process they are ready to installation.
    Pilot seat replaced with Barracuda s resin Spitfire seat.The seat painted to backalite colour.

    4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    The second modificaion on the cockpit is instrument panel.
    I have used Eduard s PE colored instrument panel.
    Kit part sanded and flattened for installation of the PE part.
    And later installed.

    3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Another masterpiece coming up...

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Thank you Simon..
    And here are the fuselage halves. They are ready to accept cockpit now.
    Carpe diem.

    4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    A few progress in the cockpit for this time being...

    3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Looks very good, good work!

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Cocpit works terminated. Ready for installation.

    5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Merlin engine terminated with minimum parts needed. This model will be fnished with closed engine panels. So no need to built it with all details and paint it.

    3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Johannes Gerl said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    High Tolga.
    Take care to precisely align the air box. It's very easily brought on in a wrong angle.
    Though you don't want to show the engine, note that it carries the magnet for the upper engine hood, i.e. you'll need it perfectly in place especially if you want to built the model with closed covers.

  • Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Heed that advice...that was a problem area when I did mine.

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 9 months ago:

    Thanks for the advices. I will not use the magnets..I will glue the covers with Cyanoacrylate.
    I am aware of the problem, hope that this stage will be resolved smoothly.
    I don t know why Tamiya did not add just a single nose part for version with closed engine covers.? Meaningless and also cruelly..

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 8 months ago:

    Last week I have a break for the fuselage and I turned to the wing section.
    The parts came together easily and without any problem. Fitting is excellent plus.
    To convert to E wing I have used Alley cat conversion set. Now it s ready for installation to the fuselage.

    6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 7 years, 8 months ago:

    Nice sir, very nice indeed.

  • Profile Photo
    Erich Goldbach said 7 years, 8 months ago:

    Tolga, Excellent workmanship and detailing-looking forward to the seeing the finished model. I'm thinking that it will look good sitting next to your 1/32 Hasegawa Bf-109G6 AS.

  • Profile Photo
    Tolga ULGUR said 7 years, 8 months ago:

    Thanks Erich & Simon
    Wings and fuselage came together.Fitting is excellent indeed.

    2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 35 posts