1:32nd scale Albatros D.V

Started by Mike Norris · 7 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Mike Norris said 2 months ago:

Hi all
    As the build of the Bristol Scout 1264 will be completed soon, I've started on the next build
    This will be the Albatros D.V, Serial No: D.2006/17 as flown by Ltn.der.Reserve Bernhard Kilian of Jasta 21b during September 1917
    This is a 'Wingnut Wings' model kit

Little information is recorded for Ltn.der.Reserve Bernhard Kilian, other than he was born in Neideburg in 1894
    He served with Jasta 21 until his death in a flying accident at Pauvres airfield in December 1917
    He was not reported to have been awarded any combat victories

Mike

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 months ago:

Mike @sandbagger
    I have a semi build WnW D.V on the stash so I’m following your thread here.
    I got the hard part done, meaning all the interior parts (cockpit and engine) done and painted but for some forgotten motive it stalled and I bag it again. It’s definitely one of the best WW1 kits around

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 months ago:

This is an excellent build. Like Pedro I also have this kit in the stash. It’s a great looking model in the box and I look forward to building it.

The Albatros along with the Pfalz are some of the most beautiful designs from this era. My favorite however is still the Fokker D-7. I have plans for building a WNW D-7 as the “Seven Swabians” and the kit is inching closer to the build table.

I don’t know if you knew it or not, but I will be starting a new group build very soon.

It will be about the First World War and will follow the exact same dates as the conflict did. The only difference is that the GB will be exactly 110 years later.

This group will last over four years so we should have enough time to build up our WW-1 stuff. Anything related to the war is allowed in this group. Tanks, aircraft, artillery, ships etc. .

Your Albatros would be a great addition to the group should you ever decide to join us and have it posted there. You are always welcome to join us when we get it up and running.

I’m allowing multiple builds of the same subject. In fact we will also allow people to build the exact same thing as another if they so desire.

The more the better.

Please feel welcome to add your Albatros there as I will be starting the group on July 28th.

Thank you in advance.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Another superb entry, my friend @sandbagger! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

A great entry, Mike @sandbagger
    This is going to be another excellent build.

• Profile Photo
    IAN Convey said 2 months ago:

Looking forward to your build Mike, I consider the Albatros D111 & DV the best looking aircraft of the 14/18 conflict.

• Profile Photo
    Mike Norris said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Hi all,
    Now I've finished the Bristol Scout and Macchi M.5 builds for others, I can get back my modelling.
    So I'll now be progressing the Albatros D.V build.

This build will be continued in the 'Great War' group,

Mike