1/72 Airfix Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I / IIa

Started by Matthew Sorensen · 6 · 10 years ago · (pic1), (pic2), (pic3), (pic4), (pic5), (pic6), (pic7), (pic8)
  • Profile Photo
    Matthew Sorensen said 11 years ago:

My current project at the modeling table, Airfix's retooled 1/72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I / IIa kit. For me this is just a project to help build my modeling skills I'm not trying to be accurate so there might be a few things a little off. This is my first time using an airbrush and masking, I also tried some simple scratch built details in the cockpit.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    said 11 years ago:

Looking gooood. Can't wait to see it in the headlines - i've got one of these in the stash - Great build so far!

• Profile Photo

Thank you Sir, I hope to get as good as others here. I also have the 1/72 Spitfire Mk.Ia in the stash, I'm thinking of building it next because this kit has been pretty good to me. These retooled Airfix Spitfire kits are good quality for the price.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 11 years ago:

Good ol' Airfix. I had no idea they were re-tooling their kits. Looking good so far Matthew! Have you decided what squadron you are going to represent with this one? I really like the paint work, Humbrol I presume?

• Profile Photo

Markings will be out of the box, No.19(F) Squadron Duxford August/September 1938.
    The paints I use are Tamiya acrylics mostly sometimes Model Master Acryls. This last year I invested in a nice airbrush the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS, I can't say enough about it probably one of the finest tools I've ever bought.

• Profile Photo
    Magnus Fridsell said 10 years, 9 months ago:

My scale, my kind of subject! I like it a lot!

I agree with you when it comes to airbrushes, I also use an Iwata since a bit more than a year. Like it a lot, and it is easy to clean if you follow the instructions.

Regards

Magnus