303 squadron last stand – Mustang Mk. IV from Dallas Factory.

Started by capt. R · 127 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Hello my friends in my new project. It will be Mustang Mk.IV from Dallas factory. I hope you enjoy my build.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Another super entry, my friend @lis!
    And a hefty amount of extra goodies!
    Looking forward to your build!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

This will be a great build, Lis @lis
    Well prepared with all those extras, looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 6 months ago:

After you do this Tamiya P=51D, you should try the Airfix kit, which is better. It has positionable flaps and a canopy that's easier to pose open, and more detail in the cockpit. It's almost like a 1/48 kit shrunk down.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Looking forward to this build, @lis. This is a good kit, as is the Airfix kit. Are you planning another natural metal build?

• Profile Photo

@tcinla Thank you for your informatons. I ordered Airfix kit too. Main problem is that I need aftermarket Areoprop propeller. Only Hassgawa had this prop in kit, but didn't have Dallas canopy and have less details in kit than another. I found propeller set for Tamiya. Also Pavla had Universal set of prop blades but unfortunetly was sold out and I didn't found it in other hobby shops. Tamiya had separeted pleksiglas imitation part of canopy. My first think was it will be more easy to build than one piece canopy.

• Profile Photo

@gblair Yes I hope I will finished Areoprop blades of propeller and made Mk. IVa version in NMF (mabye RF@A markings) . Decals set had also markings for mk. IV version but in standard RAF camo. I'm waiting for new drills that I need to finish prop from Dallas factory (it was last Quickboost set of MK. IVa prop in the shop that I bought).

• Profile Photo

Work with new Mustang get very slow because some reasons. Today I primed some parts to assembly cockpit.

• Profile Photo

That's some nice progress, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Good start, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

Last night I painted some interior green. Assembling the quickboost propeller kit is more difficult than I thought, not because of the complexity of the parts, but because of the assembly technology, because I'm afraid that after painting the elements it will be more difficult to handle everything in the final assembly

• Profile Photo

The interior green looks great, Lis @lis
    For sure you will handle the parts with care, so that should not become an issue.

• Profile Photo

The interior looks great, my friend @lis!
    I agree with our friend @johnb : you'll handle these elements well.

• Profile Photo

During thinking about how to fit Areoprop propeller I build pilot's seat with safety Belts from aftermarket set Eduard.

• Profile Photo

Those seatbelts do look very fine, Lis @lis