303 squadron last stand – Mustang Mk. IV from Dallas Factory.

Started by capt. R · 127 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Nice work, Lis @lis
    You should however try to limit the nightshift.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 6 months ago:

@gblair @johnb @fivetenYesterday work. Wheel bays was painted in interior green (I want some effect of 3d paint, so, I made some black shades on it.). Also Finn was Painted on Matt Aluminium. Next step NMF overall painting.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Great shading effect, Lis @lis
    How did you create those shades?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Looking really nice @lis!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Looks great, @lis. I have never used polishing compound on a model, but it seems to come out OK. I used to work some late nights on models, but you reach a point of diminishing returns when it gets late. I tended to get tired and start doing some really dumb stuff due to being really tired. I have had a rule for the last few years that I never work on a model (or on the computer) after 9 p.m. This really cut down on some of the mistakes I was making because I was tired.

• Profile Photo

@johnb I paint carefully with an aerograph on a twisted nozzle on a black primer, the paint in the corners and kinks is more difficult to apply and shadows come out based on a black, semi-glossy primer

• Profile Photo

@gblair You are right, but sometime I need to do some work, and my day time is only after 9 p.m. 🙁 When all house sleep).

PS. I hope polishing will give good results.

• Profile Photo

I understand, @lis. Being retired and having the kids grown up and out of the house can be a good thing. Of course, there is always our cat who thinks she is a human part of the family. :o)

• Profile Photo

@gblair I think cat is most importand parto of family 🙂 I would like to see your cat on photo 🙂

• Profile Photo

Here is my cat-child, @lis. Her name is Fuzzy, for obvious reasons. Do you have a cat-child also?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@gblair I love cats but haven't got any 🙁 From time to time I look after my family dog ​​(who was caught here a few times as a master of the second plan). Your cat-child are soooo sweeet!

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fivetenafter the night shift, I prepared small parts of the main chassis for final painting. The Areoprop propeller blades from the Quicboost set were also brought to a ready state. This element still keeps me awake at night (if there is anything to spend after the night shift ;-))

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Those are some nicely prepared blades, my friend @lis!
    Ahhhh, those night shifts!

• Profile Photo

Prop spiner is done. Unfortunetly after second attempt. Next step will be final assembly of propeller. I opened the prop for mounting the propeller a bit, in order to protect the paint coating. I hope the assembly will keep it in good condition.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking good, my friend @lis!