303 squadron last stand – Mustang Mk. IV from Dallas Factory.

Started by capt. R · 127 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

The propellor will look great, Lis @lis
    Both blades and spinner look good.
    It has been a long time when I did work in shifts as well. The night shift was even the one I prefered because of being able to do some work at home during day time.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 6 months ago:

I just discovered a very "funny" thing. It turns out that the tamiya in its Korean War F-51 model offers two sets of propellers ... And I'm getting tired here ...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Well, that's an aspect of the hobby, my friend @lis...
    Not necessarily a bad thing, just a bit tiring, we all got (and will get!) there...
    My latest "discovery' was that the 1/24 Monogram UH-1B I am currently building that Revell issued it as an AB-204, was not an accurate AB-204 whatsoever, so I had to change scheme plans!
    It's just part of the hobby...

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Prop looks great, @lis. I always seem to discover answers to my problems after I have already finished the model. I try not to build when I am tired, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

• Profile Photo

After long battle, and some corrections of painting prop is done. I hope decals will go easy. If you like assembly propeller all night - Quickboost kit is for you! 😉

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Prop looks nice, my friend @lis!

• Profile Photo

Very neat, Lis @lis

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fiveten I think it looks acceptable. Decals from Modelmaker are better than Techmod I think.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fiveten Today I painted my Mustang in Super Fine Silver II Mr Color.

• Profile Photo

Looking marvelous, my friend @lis!
    The prop looks superb as well!

• Profile Photo

Very nice silver painting, Lis @lis
    The paintwork came out superb, just like the propellor.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fiveten It rarely falls out of my mouth, but yes ... the painting came out quite satisfactory. there are a few certain irregularities in the paint and I will consider grinding and correcting it. The one that annoys me the most is right next to the rail that guides the cab fairing, because it is right. that there is enough in sight. It seems that the experiment with polishing paste turned out satisfactory.

• Profile Photo

I think about technical stencils in Mustang MK.IV. Tney are the same as in MK.III?

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 6 months ago:

NMF looks awesome, @lis. I think people's eyes are naturally pulled toward the cockpit, and that's why we notice blemishes around the canopy area. I am not an expert, but I suspect the stencils didn't change much, if any, between the III and IV.

• Profile Photo

@gblair Tamiya Kit has very few technical stencils. I had some from Mustang MK. III and I think I will use it.