Academy 48th scale F-4B Phantom Sundowner

Started by Jack Mugan · 7 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 10 years, 8 months ago:

I have been working on this project for some time now. I have more time in putting down decals than I have building the kit. I thought the kit went together fairly well and the decal sheet is excellent. Though I'm doing this as an OOB, I have added a lot of Mike Grant decal rivets as you can see.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Jack you are killing me on this build. That is looking AWESOME . Love the realism of what you have done with this beaut 🙂

Cheers Brian

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 10 years, 7 months ago:

That's a lot of decal work, but the result looks fantastic.

• Profile Photo
    Jack Mugan said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Brian...Thanks for the kind remarks. I had to take a break from the Phantom to do a F-102 for a club project, but should be back at it soon.

• Profile Photo
    AL HOFFMAN said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Lovin' it Jack. Can't wait to see the finished piece. Is this one for you or a client?

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Did you have any problems with the two tone plastic? Just wondering if you primed it to get it all one color, or if you just sprayed it as is. Is that all decal on the fin or did you paint the red and white? (Just asking because of the way the top looks with all it's humps and bulges! Surly too complex for a decal to cover!) Also, what are the rivet decals you keep talking about in your posts? This is looking mighty fine!

• Profile Photo
    Rob Anderson said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Urghhhhhhh, you are going to make me build another one so I can build a Sundowners version... 🙂 Very Nice!
    Rob