AMT 1/72 F-117 Quick Build

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 47 · 2 years ago · 1/72, AMT, Ertl, F-117, Lockheed
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Indeed, it will be invisible once painted, my friend @gblair!
    Provided that I will do a decent job, of course...
    So, this beauty is smooth sanded, a bit of masking to be performed and off to the paint shop!

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Smooth sharp edges, Spiros @fiveten
    I can imagine that your nephew becomes impatient when seeing your progress.
    I'm too looking forward to the paintwork.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Ditto for me, Spiros (@fiveten). Looking forward to the paint and the decals.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I can't believe Hobby Boss, Kitty Hawk or Academy hasn't tried a Have Blue. I mean, they gave us the YF-23, XF5U and XF5F respectively!

• Profile Photo

Thanks for stopping by friends @johnb, @gblair and @jpatt1000.

Yes, my nephew has become very impatient once he saw it unpainted, but otherwise "almost done".

Fitting scratch build intake screens admittedly crossed my mind; however, since this is by default highly innscurate as an F-117, I decided to leave the intakes "as is", with the molded splitter plates visible.

Yes, Josh, it is interesting that a mainstream Have Blue does not exist. It would not be a bad idea for a company to invest in such a mold.

Painting to be commenced soon on the "F-117"!

• Profile Photo

Masked and off to the paint shop!

Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

Painted!

...my Kawasaki KLE at the backgorund 🙂
    The model was painted all at once, it is merely resting with its outer most fin tips at the back, and with its maskedcanopy parts onto a contact lenses base a friend gave me...this is weird...I still cannot figure out how I managed to paint it all at once...
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hope you kept some distance to the bike when painting . . .
    Sorry for being late to the party my friend, but all the merrier to see all the progress on the PFP project here @fiveten.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!
    Yep safe distance was kept, it was painted far away, just dries close to the bike, as today it's raining and I cannot leave the Nighthawk-ish outside!

• Profile Photo

Nice paintwork on the 117, Spiros @fiveten
    Your bike looks brandnew, reminds me that I need to clean mine, a Suzuki Vstrom 650.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @johnb!
    I have a smaller Suzuki cub for my "everyday" moves, so the Kawasaki can stay in, nice and shiny, taken out on good weather!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

I'm amazed you managed to miss your bike with the paint, Spiros (@fiveten). The way I paint, it would clearly be in range. We build so many models where you have one color on the bottom, then other colors on the top, so we don't think about the challenges with an "all-over" paint scheme. I had the same problem recently with a wrap-around camo scheme, and I had to do some thinking to figure out how to get it done.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @gblair!
    Yes, sometimes, as here, it is really challenging to paint the whole model: no "neutral" spot to hold it from, whatsoever!

• Profile Photo

Decals on

Decals behaved simply perfect.
    Now some touch ups and some paint work at the exhausts area...
    Thanks for stopping by!

• Profile Photo

A true black beauty, Spiros @fiveten.
    Paint and decals are spot on.