Build progress of 6 1/32 scale AV8BII Harriers commission for the USMC Blacksheep Squadron

Started by Rick Schad · 4 · 10 months ago · 1/32, aircraft, Aviation, Harrier, Iraq, Trumpeter, USMC
  • Profile Photo
    Rick Schad said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Whew! This is a hell of a project, one that can drive you nuts, especially if the kit is sub par.
    The way I am tackling it is by doing each section completely for one aircraft and I figure out any issues during assembly of that step. Once I figure out and assemble the first section for aircraft #1 then I move to a group build of the other 5 aircraft. This seems to be the best way.
    I am using the 1/32 scale Trumpeter kit and thought it is well molded there are plenty of serious issues that need to me addressed, especially mistakes and inaccurate assembly drawings. There are also parts that are molded different from the direction illustrations. This isn't a big deal really when doing one model but when you multiply everything by 6 it can be very unnerving.
    Anyway below are pics of my progress thus far.
    Feel free to follow me on TikTok for daily live videos and daily progress updates @thepopeofplastic.

Rick

21 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Superb progress so far, my friend @rickschad!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Lots of work but all looking great, Rick @rickschad

• Profile Photo
    Rick Schad said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Thank you sir!