Eduard 1/48 P-51B/C Mustang Dual Combo Build

Started by Yann Bertholet · 8 · 2 months ago · . 1/48, Dual-combo, Eduard, Mustang, P-51D
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Hello, I'm slowly finishing the D model 'Master Mike' and cannot resist to start the B/C model.

Since I got 2 models I decided to make a razorback version and Malcom hood version.

Razorback version

The flying Scot II / Vicious Virgie

Credits: https://www.americanairmuseum.com/archive/aircraft/42-106472

Malcolm Hood version

Passion Wagon

Credits: https://toflyandfight.com/p51b-profile-passion-wagon/

The start

I'm starting the kits in parallel with the cockpit.

I used the 2 variant seats for the different versions. All the paintjobs have been done by applying Mr Colors.

1 additional image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Fantastic dual entry and great progress already, my friend @yann! Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Good start! @yann
    I’ll follow along if you don’t mind so. Hope to get the new Profipack box later on so this is a good reference point

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

Great entry and a superb start already, Yann @yann

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Hello guys, here are some update on the P-51 B/C's. Interior is done, I found some challenges in the Eduard's notice (either I did not read carefully or since it's their first try with this version some flow in the manual are present). Nevertheless it's a great kit.

The side panels

All the instruments have been inserted on the side of the fuselage as prescribed by the notice using the PE.

Everything fit properly.

Gears bay

Sorry I do not have any close-up picture of the main landing gear bay. The colors used are Mr Color C27 Interior green and Fine silver SM 201 and only C27 of the tail wheel.

Instrument panels

As per the notice, but some tinny parts have been lost.

In the mean time I assembled the 2 half fuselage and then fix it with the wings. Ailerons, elevators and rudder are glued as well. Then the paint has been applied for the Flying Scott II. I did not upload the pictures yet maybe later this day.

Thanks for passing by.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Superb work done, Yann @yann
    Those interiors look really nice.

• Profile Photo
    Jim Harley said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Very nice! They sure set the bar for Mustangs, you’re doing them justice.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Superb job so far, my friend @yann!