Eduard P-51

Started by Jim Harley · 56 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Jim Harley said 2 months ago:

Glad you guys are liking the results! This has been a blast. Took it outside today just to get a good look in natural light. Some touch ups here and there…taking it to the nats in a couple weeks. Probably won’t place but I’m really happy with the way it’s coming out.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Looks awesome under natural light, my friend @jimh! Good luck to the contest!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

Looks even better in daylight, Jim @jimh

• Profile Photo

One more good day at the bench and calling her done. What a joy to build.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months ago:

Congratulations, my friend @jimh! What a wonderful result!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 months ago:

Jim Harley (@jimh)
    What a magnificent build ! You also have done my all time favorite scheme / pilot as well. I know that we often hear things like this particular plane has been built so many times before... and other garbage like that. But to me, the reason why it has been done so often, is because there is something "magical" about this plane and pilot. This is the true reason why it has been done often.

I built the larger 1/32 scale version of this very same Mustang and posted it on Christmas Day last year. This is the day that Major Preddy was shot down by American AAA.

You have hit another home run here my friend. I look forward to seeing it in the headline section.

Take care, and it's great to see you are posting again.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months ago:

A wonderful finish, Jim @jimh
    Definitely a winner.

• Profile Photo

@lgardner you’re Cripes build is spectacular…and the research you did on his story. I had no idea he visited Bill at Venice, FL AAF. The concrete on the original portion of the ramp is scribed with tons of pilots and mechanics names. I wonder if Bill wrote his name? Amazing how much history is all around us. I did so many Mustang rides out of there not knowing George and Bill ‘went at it’ in P-40’s. The then and now is the same angle and spot on the original ramp.

Thanks for the positive comments @johnb. Never had the nerve to really weather a nmf. Hooked now.

Finishing up the base…should be doing real work 😬

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Just gone through all your posts on these @jimh, and apart from the kit being just as good as you say, in your hands they are so fine! Really looking forward to the open window on the other one! I need to go look for my socks. . .

Fingers crossed for the nats. . .

• Profile Photo
    Tarantino Paolo said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Hi Jim, great realization 👏👏👏👏👏. I just finish mine from Hasegawa

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Well done, Jim (@jimh). The natural metal finish is perfect, as it the blue on the nose. Following your build helped me decide to get one, so I managed to find an Eduard P-51B Overtree set. I don't plan on building it anytime soon, so I can grab the PE and masks when I get a chance.