F14 A Tomcat 1/48 Academy

Started by Ceto 3D Art · 30 · 10 months ago · 1/48, Academy, F14, tomcat
  • Profile Photo
    Ceto 3D Art said 11 months, 1 week ago:

finally I think I found the right place to show the progress of my project.

I apologize but I speak basic English and sometimes the Google translator gives me incorrect translations.

Now, if the initial post:

Hello friends.

I started building an old Academy F14A kit in 1:48 scale.
    It was a donation so that he can continue practicing the hobby.
    It will be quite a challenge since most of the pieces are loose, also the instructions are somewhat damaged but I will try to do the best job possible.

The question is that the kit, despite the conditions described above, has a set of improvements from Ayres, with which I began to work. For now this is the result in the seats.

Although I think that I will reduce the metallic wear since I see in reference photos that they are generally not so damaged. I will also try to outline and illuminate the belts so that they stand out a little more.
    I will continue to share with all of you the progress in this project.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten thanks to your message I was able to download the kit instructions from the scalemattes.com site. Thank you so much!

• Profile Photo

I was able to continue to make some adjustments to the seats and advances in the copckit.

As for the seats, add lights to the belts as they should stand out more according to reference photos.

Then do some detailing on the overall painting of the copckit. I attached some photos of how it is at the moment.

We're getting to a tricky point where I need to fit this copckit into the model. I see that it will give me battle

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

You definitely found the correct location, Federico @federicoschulze
    Very impressive seats and panels.
    Looking forward to see them mounted in the fuselage although a pity that a lot will be hidden.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Great progress, my friend @federicoschulze! Looking forward to your next steps!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months ago:

Interior looks great, Federico @federicoschulze. Cockpits can be a challenge sometimes, but they are worth getting correct. Looking forward to the rest of the build.

• Profile Photo
    Ceto 3D Art said 11 months ago:

a little progress. I try to detail the engines a bit, since they are totally smooth inside.
    I use small thin pieces of plastic in 0.2mm to cut several slats.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months ago:

The engine looks much better this way, Federico @federicoschulze

• Profile Photo

thanks Jhon. I have thought of trying to improve some other pieces in scratch, such as the landing gear. When I start that stage I will show the progress.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months ago:

Really nice engine improvements, my friend @federicoschulze!

• Profile Photo

thanks @fiveten

• Profile Photo

adding in scratch some details to the radar dome

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months ago:

Really great scratch building, Federico @federicoschulze

• Profile Photo

thanks Jhon!

• Profile Photo
    said 11 months ago:

@federicoschulze - That's some excellent work on your Tomcat, Federico. You show what can be done by applying skill and and little bit of wires and shaped plastic. 🙂