F6F Hellcat Mk 1 HMS Emperor 1944 (Eduard 1:48)

Started by Martin Dytrych · 52 · 5 months ago · 1/48, Eduard, F6F, Hellcat, HMS Emperor, Martin Dytrych, Royal Navy, Work in progress, WW II, WW2
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Looks very good for the first try, Martin @naviatik
    Just a bit of modification to be done.

• Profile Photo
    Martin Dytrych said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Meanwhile, I need to finish fuselage... But I missed some parts Eduard forgot to make... It took two afternoons, but it was definitely well spent time.
    Lets see how it fits... I am already printing.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Looks wonderful, my friend @naviatik!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Looking forward to the fit as well, Martin @naviatik

• Profile Photo

Fitting is not perfect, but it is really close.
    Meanwhile, I found good picture of fuel tank installation in Aero Detail No. 17. - it is great publication, definitelly recommended, there is a lot of nice, color, high quality photos, covering all important parts and details of the type.
    I am currently off my appartment, but working on extra parts. In few days, when I return, I will place pictures with some progress.

• Profile Photo
    Erik GjΓΈrup said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Going to be a 3D printed build based on a Eduard kit as time passes by πŸ™‚
    Nice use of this new tool Martyn!

• Profile Photo

I little re-worked that stuff and added few extra details. I really wanna see it placed in the kit. πŸ™‚

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Looking even more gorgeous, my friend @naviatik!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Great design, would love to see it in the kit as well, Martin @naviatik

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 6 months, 1 week ago:

Your 3D printing is terrific, Martin (@naviatik). I am still amazed at how quickly your are able to prototype the parts and get them printed. It won't be long till you can start your own resin parts store. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Martin Dytrych said 6 months ago:

All parts are printed, painted, placed (except of oxygen bottle). Everything fits quite well, although I will do some minor changes for final version.
    It is definitely great improvement when building F6F-3 version with side windows.
    I will close the fuselage now and have to finish flaps section + wheel bays + legs + wheels... A lot of work, but I got also a lot of experience and I feel confident enough to finish the job.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 months ago:

Wow, absolutely impressive interior, Martin @naviatik

• Profile Photo
    Martin Dytrych said 6 months ago:

Bad news guys... I was just told that correct color of aft fuselage is FS36440... So... I have put everything down and start again.
    Not happy about it, but thanks to easy 3D prints reproduction it is not so big deal.
    It is just small detour.
    I will be back with better result soon. πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months ago:

Excellent job so far, my friend @naviatik! Going for the right color will be indeed only a small detour.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 months ago:

Very nice work on this Martin. Having done a couple of these kits, I can assure you that once the fuselage is together no one will ever know what the color of the rear fuselage is.