ICM B-26B Maruader

Started by David Odenwald · 10 · 6 days ago · . 1/48, B-26B, ICM, marauder
  • Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Since I now have my greedy mittens on the kit I figured I should create a WIP entry for the menacingly beautiful Marauder. But for right now this will be low priority as I bring other projects to the finish line. But stay tune as my interests just may short circuit these well laid plans.

Chuck @uscusn, Spiro @fiveten, John @johnb, Clint @curtisshawk, Tony Prince @tony-prince, Tom @tcinla, Louis @lgardner.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Looking forward to it, my friend @kahu!

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 1 week, 3 days ago:

First things first decided to investigate the cowlings since that is one of the bigger fit issues with the Monogram kit.

They fit very well. The cowlings are identical. With the carburetor intakes found a subtle pitfall that the ever vigilant attention to detail and reading the instructions model builder should not trip over.

The intakes can be swapped and still fit. The cowling on the right has them incorrectly fitted. Those little vents should be on the outer side of each intake.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Looking forward to seeing you progressing on this one, David @kahu

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Great research on the cowlings, my friend @kahu!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Yes one can easily not pay attention mixing up the cowling parts. Good tip. Already found that the horizontal stab will not have the same problem that is a big issue to address on the Monogram kit. Will be watching closely as you progress.

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 6 days, 22 hours ago:

Added some tabs to help with alignment since ICM did not provide a lip for the parts.

Once the intakes are glued on; one, then the other making sure everything is snug with no gaps then glued the top seam between intakes while squeezing the cowling closed.

The result looks infinitely better than I have seen others post about the Monogram cowlings.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 6 days, 21 hours ago:

Great idea to install those alignment tabs,David @kahu

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 days, 20 hours ago:

Nice aids, my friend @kahu!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 6 days, 19 hours ago:

I’m following your work here too if you don’t mind David @kahu
    Curious to see how this new kit goes and just how much we can make out of it