Kinetic 1/48 Dassault Mirage V BD

Started by Yann Bertholet · 97 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Hello Folks, this time for my new project: A Jet! I want to build this famous aircraft, the Mirage V which flew in the Belgian Air Force while I was still a kid. I got the chance to jump several time in the cockpit while rooming around the Florennes and Bierset Air base and during meeting.

The kit will be the Kinetic Mirage III BE/D/DE/DS/D2Z, the kit is the only dual seater I could found on the market.

At the first look, the kit pretty well detailed and the plastic is from a good quality.

Regarding the Decals, I purchase the Daco products: DCD4866.

The aim is to build the BD09 a former Dual seater which stored in France and came back to Belgium in 2018 thanks to the Mirage V BD 09 Restoration Group.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 8 months ago:

This is such a wonderful entry, my friend @yann! I have a soft spot on Mirages, I just love them so much!
    It's really great Kinetic offer a biplace!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot Spiros @fiveten. I love them too. It was, it is a great jet! I'm trying to dig out some picture of them when I was (still is) a kid)!

Yes the biplace looks great , but what I didn't mention is that I bought the Recce version as well! My plan is to build the 3 versions of them (except MIRSIP). My only problem is to find the BA version, so far only Italeri and ESCI made one, but impossible to find on the market

• Profile Photo

Starting with the cockpit as usual.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I see a red door and I want to paint in... how no sorry. I see I a grey seat and I want to paint it in BLACK.

1 additional image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great start, my friend @yann!
    Those French Mk4 Martin Bakers (SEMB) look superb!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Fantastic hoice and a great start, Yann @yann
    That Belgium scheme and decals will be looking great.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Mirages are cool, looking forward to the rest, Yann (@yann).

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot guys @johnb, @gblair, @fiveten. I succeed to dig out some picture of me as a little kid in the cockpit. I was still young and beautiful, now I only AND.

Mirage V BA 33 in June 90 in Bierset for the Airshow

Mirage V BR03, date unknown, probably in Bierset as well

I don't remember being in a BD version. But NEVER say NEVER. I'm planning to visit the BD09 restoration group one of this day.

https://fr.miragebd09.be/

• Profile Photo

Those are some wonderful pics, my friend @yann!
    Everlasting memories!

• Profile Photo

Fantastic pictures, Yann @yann
    Those moments are unforgettable.

• Profile Photo

HO yes they are very precious, I was happy to find them in my barn. In the mean time I did some progress on the cockpit.
    Fwd IP

Aft IP

Stick + Chute handle

Cockpit housing

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Great pictures @yann and the cockpit looks good too (looking like the model on the cover of a magazine).

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 8 months ago:

Looking great, yann (@yann). I'm glad I'm not the one doing the detail painting. When I was in pilot training in the 1970s, there were two Belgian officers who were going through training with us. As I recall, one went back to fly F-104s, and the other flew Mirages.

• Profile Photo

Great start, Yann @yann
    Very detailed paintwork.