Kinetic 1/48 F-16 A MLU

Started by Yann Bertholet · 37 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Nice progress, my friend @yann!
    The Kinetic kit looks nicely detailed and you make the most of it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Solid progress, Yann @yann

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Looking amazing @yann

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks a lot gents @fiveten @johnb @anthonyricco. During the week I touch up the cockpit in a full black coat on the topside and installed home made seat belts on the seats. Still not sure about the color?

Ad the real one

And both pieces assembled for mockup.

Thanks for passing by

• Profile Photo

Great looking cockpit,y friend @yann! The seat looks close to reality.

• Profile Photo

@yann I think that looks fantastic, you've done amazing work so far on that cockpit.

• Profile Photo

Superbly done, Yann @yann
    Those seatbelts look impressive, what material did you use to get them like that?

• Profile Photo

Many thanks guys, @fiveten, @anthonyricco, @johnb. Regarding the seat belts, I used masking tapes for the windows (the Tessa blue) and painted with RLM blue (but I honestly forgot which one).
    My latest progress, it's been a wile since I was connected...
    Preparing and gluing the 2 halves of the fuselage

Building the air intake

And eventually adding the lips around it (pre-painted since I didn't want to spoil the white paint)

--- pic5 not found ---

--- pic6 not found ---

Preparing the AB exhaust.

--- pic8 not found ---

For this piece I used matte white then, make it 'dirty with the graphite from a a grey pencil.

--- pic7 not found ---

And yesterday I added the flaps on both wings

--- pic10 not found ---

I did some other job but forgott to take picture to document this WIP (sorry for that). The tail and aileron were fixed a well and a part of the landing gear. Not other choice for this kit to install them before paint which I(m not a big fan. I will have to use a lot of paint mask for this one I believe.

Thanks for passing by.

• Profile Photo

Nice job on the intake, my friend @yann! I also read the rest of your update, but could not see the accompanying pics.

• Profile Photo

Many thanks guys, @fiveten, @anthonyricco, @johnb. Regarding the seat belts, I used masking tapes for the windows (the Tessa blue) and painted with RLM blue (but I honestly forgot which one).
    My latest progress, it's been a wile since I was connected...
    Preparing and gluing the 2 halves of the fuselage

Building the air intake

And eventually adding the lips around it (pre-painted since I didn't want to spoil the white paint)

Preparing the AB exhaust.

For this piece I used matte white then, make it 'dirty with the graphite from a a grey pencil.

And yesterday I added the flaps on both wings

I did some other job but forgott to take picture to document this WIP (sorry for that). The tail and aileron were fixed a well and a part of the landing gear. Not other choice for this kit to install them before paint which I(m not a big fan. I will have to use a lot of paint mask for this one I believe.

Thanks for passing by.

2 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Hi Spiros, sorry for that, I could not upload all the pictures, now it looks better. @fiveten

• Profile Photo

All is visible now and looking great, my friend @yann!
    Looking forward to this splendid model's progress!

• Profile Photo

Great work @yann - I love your approach on it and your build progress, really nice to follow.

• Profile Photo

Great steps, Yann @yann.
    Looking forward to the next ones.

• Profile Photo
    Yann Bertholet said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Many thanks gents @fiveten, @anthonyricco, @johnb. It's been a while I was on group. But i'm back in the business... Well, this kit is far to be a piece of cake... I'm not happy with the result partly my mistakes but the manual is not helping either.
    In the meantime the PC exhaust was completed with a 'oil sheen' blue (mix from blue and silver Revell paint)

Then I assembled the full kit (that was my first time preparing and painting the kit with the gear, at least main legs in position)
    After a lot of refilling I was more or less happy with the result...

Masking tape applied

And there we are today, fully covered or almost...

In my opinion the dark grey is too grey, I really struggled with the paint. For this one I chose to use Mr color. This paint is really nice to work with, but the exact tint is not matching. So for the undersurface I used my good old Humbrol 64 and on top H317 for nose cone (looking good for me), H307 for the fwd part and H305 for the aft and the wings.
    I started as well to think about the ordnance I will add. Most belgian F-16 are flying with wing tanks and some amo. My idea was to add 2 x AIM 120 + 2x Sidewinder and 2x wing tanks. Everything is in the kit, GREAT... but no decals for those so new challenged is coming...

Thanks for passing by