Me 109 E-3a L-2, Yugoslavia, Tamiya 1/48

Started by Erik Gjørup · 7 · 3 weeks ago · 1/48, 109E-3, 109E-3a, airbum, me109, Tamiya, Yugoslavia
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Me-109E-3a, L-2

Yet another migration from my 109 werke topic

And once again the base kit is the grand old Tamiya 109E-3 kit. One thing that may improve the good looks may be the tie-downs under the wing.

The original part lacks a hole – quite understandable, given the restrictions of the manufacturing process.
    One solution is to drill a hole, but I have opted for some very nice “eyes” from GasPatch.

These are really anchor points for the likes of WW I biplanes and such, but I think they are just right for the 109 tiedowns.

next up – I really have no idea how detailed this topic will be as this kit has been built over and over again. Most likely just a few major progress reports?

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

The Gaspatch "eyes" are a big improvement, Erik @airbum

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Always good to watch one of your kits "in-progress", Erik (@airbum). I sometimes use similar things sold for HO Scale (1/87) model train detailing. They call them "eyebolts" or "lift rings".

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

As always, excellent job, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

Thank you gents. @johnb aint they just, @gblair, always nice to use whatever you have for something innovative, Thanks @fiveten. And so we move on. . . .

Interior

OK – Interior it is.

A few packages of Eduard PE sheets arrived the other day, and I shall be using them on some of the Tamiya 109’s In progress.

Still need to cut and bend and add a few details.

next up I suppose the cockpit is finished

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

Interior bits look awesome, my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

Impressive work on the interior, Erik @airbum