Messerschmitt Bf 109G-6 Royal Hungarian Air Force - Eduard 1/48

Started by Istvan Havril · 10 · 2 years ago · Bf 109, Luftwaffe, Messerschmitt, Royal Hungarian Air Force
  • Profile Photo
    Istvan Havril said 2 years, 10 months ago:

I'm busy with this "Fűrész" ("saw" in english, hungarian fighter pilots nicknamed the 109) a couple of months ago. It's Eduard's early Bf 109G-6 Profipack with the BigSin pack. The acessory package contains the resin DB605 engine, radio compartment, propeller, wheels and droptanks. Purchased the Revi gunsight from Quickboost and decals from a great hungarian manufacturer, HADmodels.

The kit is a joy to build, it comes together without serious flaws but the engine is a tough nut to crack. Eduard kit, same resin engine, but it doesn't fit well. Lot of sanding, test fits, lost some small parts in the process, so I must scratchbuild them again and again.

Now preparing to the painting stage, wish me luck 😉

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

What a great entry, Istvan @havrilistvan!
    Looking absolutely spectacular so far!
    Looking forward to your painting!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Wow Istvan, this is a great entry. I like your painting choices. I’d like to see how that Brassin engine fits. Hungarian machines are always very colorful so looking forward to see some painting

• Profile Photo

Thank you! This is my choice:

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That engine looks fantastic, Istvan, really looking forward to the rest of this build.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Absolutely fantastic, Istvan.
    That engine is some serious modelling.
    Love to see that scheme.

• Profile Photo
    Csaba said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That engine indeed looks great! A quarter-scale 109 has been on my wish list for a long time, I should finally get one of these Eduard kits.

• Profile Photo

Thank you!
    Agree with you Pedro, hungarian planes can be very colorful, especially when they wear the national colors on the vertical/horizontal stabilizer. There was really nice one among the 109 Friedrichs.
    Well Csaba get one, they are fantastic kits w/o serious flaws. I have 5 in my stash 😉

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Oh my - what a fantastic build - such precise detailpainting. I really like this one Istvan. I shall be checking in again soon @havrilistvan! - and yes, one really needs to have a lot of these in the stash 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 10 months ago:

I also am looking forward to the rest of the build, Istvan (@havrilistvan). I am always looking for something that is out of the ordinary, and this paint scheme will certainly be different than the usual 109 paint scheme. Looks great.