Messerschmitt Bf109 E-3a, Swiss, Tamiya 1/48 FINISHED

Started by Erik Gjørup · 26 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Bf109, swiss, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years ago:

@gblair, CONGRATULATIONS - you won! You were the closest (and only) entrant in the competition - sorry you had to wait nearly two months for this result! Let us know just how impressed the cat is!

• Profile Photo

Full steam ahead

the race is on, between this build and the Slovak 109 to become the 11th 109 in my collection

Having spent quite some time on opening up different areas, this one is somewhat let down by the paintjob – the first time I have attempted to paint the markings, using far too thick layers.

Well, you can’t win them all, and the next major hurdle is to make Oerlikon guns for all 4 positions! None of the swiss E-3a’s had sleeves, the cowl mounted looking rather this, whereas the wingmounted may be sort of same size as Aber’s 20mm Japanese brass ones.

The spadegrip was made from a single piece of thread bent and painted.

Now the last few details, some paint and it’s there.

It now goes back in the box while I have a think. Stay tuned

• Profile Photo

I see the light!

The navigation lights gets done, antenna on, guns ready

And so the end is near – I gave the nav-lights a dot with a molotow chrome, and when that had dried they got some micro cristal clear white glue. Today they got red/green Tamiya clear acrylics.

And that is not bad at all.

The sun was out in patches, and I rushed out to get some pictures, but alas – the clouds thickened

It was however OK for the final shots before the very last touch-up og the paint.

Check the Slowak build that is racing against this one to become the 11th and 12th 109 here at HalfWorks; https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/messerschmitt-bf109-g-6-wnr-161742-slowak-eduard-1-48/?topic_page=4&num=15&_wpnonce=d88c9cc6c6#post-29597

Last post on this one – next up is the final reveal in headlines

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I just realised, this one never made it to the headlines, and now it is raining after yesterdays glorious sunshine. So just a quick walk-around to remind me to headline this one too

It has gathered a bit of dust, so will need a cleanup before the sun gets out.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 4 months ago:

An absolute headliner, Erik @airbum

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

A stunner, my friend @airbum!
    I find Swiss markings very attractive on all types of aircraft the Swiss used and this one is no exception!
    Gorgeous!

• Profile Photo

Thank you John and Spiros. I just went back and added FINISHED to the title, and will be awaiting the sun to come out, then it will be off to the headlines.

• Profile Photo

And with the sun out today, it is off to the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

A beauty!

• Profile Photo
    Klavs Nielsen said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Great looking 109 Erik!

• Profile Photo

Thank you gentlemen!
    Spiros my friend, too kind! (@fiveten)
    Tak Klavs (@klavs1972) - godt at "se" dig her igen 🙂